Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Altered, Manipulated, Mapped or Bent

Re: Altered, Manipulated, Mapped or Bent

Quote Originally Posted by Alan

Tim, which filter in Pixel Bender did you use for the hawk?

Oil Painting, Which I believe is only available for the CS5 version of Pixel Bender.

Alan

Thanks, Tim.

Do you push the brush scale up high, and leave the other settings pretty much alone?

Also, do you use CPU more than GPU? I tried the GPU on a simple jpg, and it knocked my graphics card onto the ground.

I've been hoping for a hawk in flight, but they all seem to know that I want to take their picture, and no matter how stealth I am on creeping up to them, they have a sixth sense about me. []

I usually keep the Brush Scale to the low side. But you have to play around with all the adjustments going back and forth between them all. You can make an adjustment with one and it will have an effect on another that you may not like. So I just play around with them until I get something that pleases me.

I use GPU, But if I use a full size Raw it might revert to using CPU automatically which can be very slow. But I haven't had any problems with it really.

For performance issues using CS5 here is a good read.
    http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/photoshop/pdfs/PhotoshopCS5_performance.pdf

Hawks have good hearing and eye sight and do spook very easy. A lot of birds are like that! I did spook this one when I was slowly approaching it, just so happens when it took to flight it came across my field of view rather than away from it.

Here is a Pixel Bender Oil Painting of our Pomeranian, Roxy

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/0x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5857.Roxy_2D00_01PB.jpg[/img]

Alan

Tim, thanks for the tips.

Roxy never looked better!

Quote Originally Posted by greggf

@ Joel...Wow..that's trippy!! What filters did you use? I don't have Topaz, but I have CS5....I like it though!!

Gregg

Thanks Gregg! I used the filter Stylize....Extrude and experimented with the settings to get the effect I wanted. I created a copy of the original on a separate layer and after applying the filter I used a layer mask to reveal my friend in the center of the image unaffected by the filter.

Thanks for the tip, Joel. Still working on finding out everything that CS5 has to offer...it's exhausting!!

Here's another "bended" picture. Mason and I at the car wash the other day.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4174.Mason-and-I.pb_2D00_1.jpg[/img]

Alan

Gregg, nice work. The oil paint filter really makes it look like it was painted. Very nice, indeed!

What were your settings for the various sliders? Thanks!

Thought I'd play with this plug-in a little. Here's a three I made in just a few minutes.

- Trowski

Thought I would join in on the Pixel Bender fun......

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5852.343V06261.jpg[/img]