Page 47 of 398 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

Fantstic shot! I looked at your website and full of great shots also. I can

Great pictures and variety. Really enjoyed them. Now I want to book a trip to Scotland!

Thanks John -- yes I definitely have to add that to my bucket list. I would certainly go wild out there with the glorious opportunities..!

Jonathan, you're going to think I'm copying you, but I will also be visiting the Islands off the west cost of Scotland very soon, before heading to the Galapagos.

I enjoyed browsing through your album online. My favourite is the gannet in flight, but I also think you've done a good job with the architectural subjects like the HDR of Kinloch Castle and the colourful seafront shops in Tobermory.

I like your sense of humour with the 'Pure Scotland' caption, too. I hope it doesn't put people off visiting.

@CIS, Great captures! I have some similar shots of this behavior from farther away, so I will have to post them when I get a chance!

@Denise, It looks like you're making some really nice progress already, in shots #1 and #2. Keep it up! There looks like there is some "banding in the background" (Vertical lines) in the first 2 shots, I don't know why this happens sometimes. I've heard some people say it may be a noise thing with the 7D, but I don't actually know why this occurs, unless you tell me that it's just on your background only it rained earlier.

@Jonathan, I love the "Cliff Diving Shot" especially with all of those spectators looking on. It's a really great shot!

Rich

How is fish for dinner honey? Oh, Fish again!

The 1st, one is cropped moderately, and 2, 3, 4 are cropped mildly, and 5 and 6 were left alone so that you could see my perspective. I was on a wooden deck over-looking the water of the inlet as some small boats were going by. I just did some light and quick PP.

1D MKIV: 300mm f/2.8L IS + 1.4X tele and CPL filter.

420mm @ f/5.6L, 1/1600sec, ISO 400 for all photos

Thanks for Viewing!

C&C always welcome!

Rich

MK IV: 300mm f/2.8L IS + 1.4X @ 420MM f/5.6, 1/800sec ISO 400 CPL

Oh..Oh, In Coming!!!

It's All Mine!!

Thanks for viewing!

Rich

Nice sequences Rich....I particularly like the last shot of the first sequence with them suning themselves.

So, this evening I am taking pictures of road signs.....but, as I was taking those photos, I turned around and saw a deer starting to cross the road. I had enough time to switch to my 100-400L and...

Canon 7d, 100-400L:

400 mm, 1/60, f/5.6, ISO 400

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1106.Deer-IMG_5F00_9385.JPG[/img]

400 mm, 1/50, f/5.6, ISO 400

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3324.Deer-IMG_5F00_9392.JPG[/img]

300 mm, 1/50, f/5.6, ISO 400

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1263.Deer-IMG_5F00_9449.JPG[/img]

Thanks Brant!

Nice captures of the Deer. It's great that you were able to switch lenses before it was gone. The 3rd one is probably the best (looking at the camera in it's own element), but the 1st is cool too, because you've captured the Deer on the other side of the guardrail along the roadside, which makes it appear out of place and unique in a good way.

Did any of those road signs that you were taking pictures of say, "Deer Crossing?"

Rich

Nice shots, Brant and really fast reaction time on your part! To change a lens that quickly, get all your settings correct and still get perfect sharpness and composure ...I applaud you! By the time I would have the lens changed, the deer would have been long gone!

Denise