Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best toy photos

Re: Post your best toy photos

On a similar note - this (unfortunately) isn't my toy but one of the guysI work with. It's a purpose built race truck with a Toyota Tundra shell with a 6.7L Twin turbocharged Chevy V8 punching out around 750kW at the rear wheels. And it's only two wheel drive!

He took me for a spin last month and it was possibly the best time I've had in a long time. Each year he enters it in the Finke Desert Race, which is a 280km race through the Simpson Desert, his navigator moved out of town this year so I'm 'in negotiations' at the moment to be his new navi. Fingers crossed BIG TIME. I'm looking forward to going to one of his races and getting some good shots for him (this one was taken on my phone)

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3056.Finke-2009-008.jpg[/img]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

That paint job is amazing and the truck is mind blowing. I'd let someone chop off one of my fingers or a toe so that I could ride in one of those let alone a whole race. Do take some pictures if you get the opportunity as that would be awesome. I would enjoy them for sure. Need a 10-22 lens for the crop cam or a 16-35, 14mm or 15mm fisheye for that ride. Thanks for sharing! Maybe some 1080p vid with the 14mm or 15mm attached. Riding in this truck would be comparable to riding in a F-16 in my book.

Haha, indeed it's an amazing machine. This is a scan of a centrefold spread that Trevor had in Ralph magazine. This was shot from a chopperat the finke desert face from a couple of years ago, hitting the final tabletop at 190km/h! That is just rediculous.

I'll make sure I purchase the 15mm, 16-35mm, 14mm and 10-22mm before I go for another ride eh, just for you [:P]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7215.Finke_5F00_Ralph.bmp[/img]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor

That's a great shot, really enjoyed the beetle too Angelo.

Thanks Ben!
    <div>
    Quote Originally Posted by btaylor

On a similar note - this (unfortunately) isn't my toy but one of the guysI work with. It's a purpose built race truck with a Toyota Tundra shell with a 6.7L Twin turbocharged Chevy V8 punching out around 750kW at the rear wheels. And it's only two wheel drive!

He took me for a spin last month and it was possibly the best time I've had in a long time. Each year he enters it in the Finke Desert Race, which is a 280km race through the Simpson Desert, his navigator moved out of town this year so I'm 'in negotiations' at the moment to be his new navi. Fingers crossed BIG TIME. I'm looking forward to going to one of his races and getting some good shots for him (this one was taken on my phone)

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3056.Finke-2009-008.jpg[/img]
    </div>
    </div>

All I can say is WOW! I'd love to try and ride one of those! And yes, I do love the paint job too!

I guess that's what I can call a mean freakin' truck! Anyone got a monster truck? I wonder what lens is used to used those monstrous beasts?
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Another RC toy photo. I have so much fun doing them that I forgot about
    the heat and humidity of the summer where when I was done my clothes
    were soaked and I was covered in mosquito bits. Tried to get an
    additional photo with the 4 wheels kicking up sand in that few
    milliseconds of my 580ex's light but every time I thought I nailed it my STUPID radio popper flash trigger setup would not fire. I wanted to smash them by the time I finally gave up and my memory card was full. It was comical
    to watch as every time I was ready to go with the timing of the flash
    and pulling the throttle and then no flash. climbing through the sand to reset when your soaked to the bone in sweat and then trying to handle your camera gear is tough. Used my 5D2, 100 IS macro lens, 580ex on a light stand with a small white umbrella.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ RC short course truck by freelanceshots, on Flickr:640:0]

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots

Another RC toy photo. I have so much fun doing them that I forgot about
    the heat and humidity of the summer where when I was done my clothes
    were soaked and I was covered in mosquito bits. Tried to get an
    additional photo with the 4 wheels kicking up sand in that few
    milliseconds of my 580ex's light but every time I thought I nailed it my STUPID radio popper flash trigger setup would not fire. I wanted to smash the radio popper's units by the time I finally gave up and my memory card was full. It was comical
    to watch as every time I was ready to go with the timing of the flash
    and throttle pull my flash setup would not fire. climbing through the sand when your soaked to the bone in sweat and then trying to handle your camera gear is tough. Used my 5D2, 100 IS macro lens, 580ex on a light stand with a small white umbrella.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ RC short course truck by freelanceshots, on Flickr:640:0]

Very well done Bryan!!! You really got some awesome toys for the big boys! Work has been eating me up and all I can do is read posts. I'm really looking forward for creative photography time.

I really like the way used the environment here but I found the surrounding sand too smooth. Nonetheless, I still love the shot! I can just imagine you working on this and the frustration you were having on the tire sand-kicking thing.

Cheers!
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Interesting thought with the focus on the sand. I appreciate the feedback and ideas on how to improve. I did some creative softening in the foreground so that if I went back I could always leave the foreground unaltered.

Posted at flicker is an additional image. One fact that I see with my 5D2 and the 100mm IS lens is that there is not a lot of room to play with f-stop. Its always shallow. With this image I didn't want to go over f/11 where I was 3 or 4 feet away from Rc vehicle which gave me more distance then the typical close up macro photo. The sand in the foreground starts to get soft where I did not focus on different parts of the image to combine later like i did in one of the others. Which one do you like better AnGelo?

here is one of the images where I tried to capture the truck with its wheels spinning. Its was almost totally dark outside by this time so to see anything on my live view to focus I had to adjust exposure to -30 to even see a partial outline to try an attempt any focus. I would always seem to forget to reset my exposure back to between 1/160 or 1/200 and capture no motion blur but this would turn live view black. This one was a 1/10 sec hence the blur. Like I said I had to give up before I could nail the shot I wanted.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ remote control vehicle by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

I really like this shot Bryan. Good skills - it

Hey Bryan,

Great concept taking the toy truck to the next level by putting it in motion.

I like the "concept" of the 2nd image better, but I like the "execution" of the first image better.

I like the 1st photo better, because it is so much sharper with better lighting and contrast. The truck pops more and the sky looks more golden. I also like the reflections on the front window and the reflections on the rear bed of the truck.

Unfortunately, in the 2nd image, you're also losing the front grill, drivers side tire and the rear bed/tailgate portion of the truck , in the shadows and/or background.

This definitely looks like a 2 person job.

Regardless, I love the 1st image and if you can figure out some way to retain the qualities of the 1st image and capture the motion of the 2nd image then I think you'll have another contest winning photo on your hands!

Rich