Thread: Tonight was my night for bad weather ...I can't believe what I took with me to the basement!

Tonight was my night for bad weather ...I can't believe what I took with me to the basement!

100 mph winds and hail heading right at me! Reports on my android say that roofs are being ripped off homes! Numerous tornado warnings going off! I get my daughter and 3 dogs in the basement and the dogs are really freaking out!

What do I do? I run back upstairs to gather my camera, lenses and flash into one back before heading back downstairs!!! Dang ...I forgot to grab my external hard drives! I am going to have to do a practice drill so I get this right if there is a next time!

On a more serious note ... this was extremely scary! Surrounding counties I think were hit harder than I was. I live real close to Lake Michigan so it pretty much saves me every time! It is still thundering and lightening w/ hail. I can hear alot of sirens going on around me. From what I can get online, power lines are down everywhere. Power is out for 1000

Re: Tonight was my night for bad weather ...I can't believe what I took with me to the basement!

Wow! Here in Glendale, WI (1 mile from Lake Michigan) it rained hard and is still raining, with thunder and lightning, but nothing too out of the ordinary and no hail. Or maybe I

Re: Tonight was my night for bad weather ...I can't believe what I took with me to the basement!

I think the counties west of me got it the worst! I

What
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks, Steve! It looks like I have some yard debris to pick up but that

Up here in the northeast, we've been getting a very midwestern feel to the weather lately. Last week, a series of tornadoes ripped through a few towns around 20 miles west of us (the last damaging tornado in these parts was in the early 50's). Today,after the thunderstorms clear out.,we're getting your 100° temps, Denise.