Thread: What makes an image memorable?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Alan

Re: What makes an image memorable?

This article has some interesting aspects to it. However, memorable to one person, will be different with another.

It's too simplistic to dismiss what other see as memorable, and what we might see as memorable. Isn't that why we take pictures, to capture memories?

I doubt Ansel Adams would agree with the statement about all those landscape pictures that people don't remember.

Re: What makes an image memorable?

Well up until recently I would have agreed with you. I went to Vietnam and because I had a lot of large capacity memory cards I was able to take many more pictures than I would normally have. So for this trip there many street scenes as well as the normal landscapes and temples.

While my favorite shot is Cua Dai Beach,it took me 2 hours and 250 shots to get. Now, when I remember the trip the Orange Seller always comes to mind and I didn’t know I had it until I got home. The Orange Seller is technically my worst shot, its very soft and has motion blur (was in a Cyclo at the time).

<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]I think I'm beginning to understand a lot more about composition and what makes a good shot, now all I have to do is get better at it.<o></o>

]

Cua Dai Beach

Orange Seller
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss