Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a Good Day in the Neighborhood

Re: Not a Good Day in the Neighborhood

Thanks everyone! The latest word is no electricity until at least Sunday! It is suffacating hot! I don

If things couldn

Latest update: mynext door neighbor dicovered that her huge really huge tree is split completely down the middle of the trunk to the ground. Police told them to evacuate and told me not to park in my driveway. The crack gets wider when the wind blows. We are expecting violent storms tomorrow so the tree is going to fall if they don

Definitely not a good day in the neighborhood. Seems to be a lot of that going around this year. Glad you're alright!

So sorry to hear about this huge mess. Glad you are safe. Hang tough Denise!

Saw your pix on flickr D and was wondering where this was......glad to see you and your family (pups also) are alright.

Denise...that is awful. Stay safe. Is it possible to go to your work for AC?

I third the thought of a generator. I

Bill W - I live in Kenoha, WI. Some of the city wasn't affected at all. The southeast side that I live on was ripped apart. I still have not ventured into the worst hit areas. I'm going to leave and go over there shortly. I know some of it has been cleaned up but I hear it is still pretty much a mess. We had a beautiful marina at the lake but I've heard a number of the docks broke apart and yachts are all crashed up to the shore next to each other.I'd say 100's of trees are still on houses and cars. In the last pic below you can slightly see there is a car under there.

The first pic below is (was) my next door neighbors tree, it was removed late last night because it was split down the middle. I'm glad we noticed the split because I think my house and car would have been damaged along with theirs (that's my driveway they are standing in).

My electricity came on at 3:30 a.m. but it was one heck of a hot & humid night up until then! It was over a 100 degrees (real feel temp) at 9:30 this morning and many people still won't have power until tomorrow!

Thank you so much for all the well wishes and concern! All in all, I think many of us can count our blessings ...it could have been alot worse since many people were outside when it hit with no warning!

I am headed out to the worst hit areas now to see for the first time. I will post more pics later.

Denise

To end this thread, here are a few more photos taken well after cleanup began. Crews have been working around the clock in sweltering heat to get things cleaned up as quickly as possible. The hardest hit areas were down by Lake Michigan not far from my house. The owners of over 100 boats and yachts docked a the marina usually live for this weekend to take their boats out. The docks were shifted 50 ft. - 60 ft. toward shore and there is no way for them to get out.

These are the last photos I will post here but will be posting more on flickr as I go them. You can see them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/18085870@N07/sets/72157626975987861/

Hang in the Denise. I'm sorry to see so much destruction. We got hit like this in 2005 by 3 tornados and the repairs are still ongoing - so I understand what you're up against. I'm glad you are safe and my thoughts are with you as your community starts the long process of recovery. I hope you get all the help you need.