Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Is this my work car!!?????? Wow...I just wish I could ride it it, once....!! We had a bit a local car show here in Scotts Valley yesterday. I bypassed it, but as we were going to the local pool for a swim(just around the corner), I had brought my camera, saw the original AC Cobra, and had to take a few pictures(40-50 I think!!)...I will post a few more in another thread here shortly.

So...the 35 I am currently shooting with(and, yes, I still have the Rokinon...and yes it is a great piece of glass for the price!!), is the newest version of Zeiss Glass...the vaunted ZE 35 1.4.....I was able to get one from B&H last week, after a pre-order of about a month. The verdict is still out on it, because I also have the ZE 35 f2 in my possesion(which is a phenomenal piece of glass, too!), and the Rokinon....I will let you guys know what I think shortly, 'cause I can't afford to keep all 3!!??

another HDR from yesterday..same Cobra, diff view

1d4 35mm@1.4

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/7457.Cobra-Front.HDR-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

That will be a very interesting read Gregg, I

My vote is for the ZE1.4, I love mine, best lens in my bag.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Should be very interesting....wait, it is interesting!! the price of the Zeiss ZE is quite stupendous, to be honest, and not sure if I am seeing the gap between it and the Rokinon(about $1300...!!), but it has a reputation that it has lived up to in the past, which lead me to the 35 1.4's to begin with!! Right now I've been dong comparisons between the two(Rok and Zeiss(not the f2.0)), and to be honest, I might try and pickup and older Zeiss C/Y mount manual focus 35 1.4and see how that fairs. Speaking of which, check out this link from Fredmiranda forums on the 35 1.4(not Canon L either)....It will seriously make you consider the 35's...it did me. But now I'm having a quandary with which will be the best for me. Here is the link to the Fm forum..really, William, or anybody reading this, please check it out...it'll blow you away. There are 57 pages of this particular forum, and the link is for the 1st page, but starting at the beginning will give you a sense of knowledge about the older 35 1.4's...totally worth it..

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/839374/0

As far as I can see, I am loving the 35 framing on my 1D4, and it will probably stay on my camera 70% of the time, with my 50L and 70- 200 2.8ll the other 30%...and then I can't forget the Nikon 14-24G, which I really only use for landscapes and a few select portraits. The think I like about the 35, is the versatility...pretty wide, but extremely close, too....anyways...

Cheers, Gregg

Thanks Gregg, will take a look. Between that and the Nik Software you've given me plenty of homework to do [:P]. One of the reasons the 35 appeals to me is that it's basically a nifty 50 for a crop body and all that's entailed with the benefits of a 50mm 1.4. Not identical I know but close enough for me. My budget will only allow for the Rokinon but seeing how well it stacks up will only make me more excited about it. My ZE Zeiss is your AC Cobra.

Here's one I did for a commercial shoot not too long ago. (my first one! [] ) The company sells games and comics. It was a slide show with a voice-over, music, etc. Wanted a night shot with the signs in the windows glowing, but wanted the rest of the detail to stand out as well.

Took this from across the street. Because I did long exposure brackets, it was difficult to get the timing right to avoid tail light streaks.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1000x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/5670.IMG_5F00_8121_5F00_HDR.jpg[/img]

<span>Camera: Canon EOS 7D
    Lens: Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM

F-Stop: f/8.0 --Exposure: 0.6 sec. --ISO: 100 --Focal Length: 55mm

F-Stop: f/8.0 --Exposure: 2.5 sec. --ISO: 100 --Focal Length: 55mm

F-Stop: f/8.0 --Exposure: 10 sec. --ISO: 100 --Focal Length: 55mm
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

how did a spammer get in here.............Bryan, help.....the above poster has replied to almost every thread.....total rubbish

MOD EDIT: His posts should be gone now...unless I missed one. -Sean Setters

Took this shot this morning. Took plenty more but this was the first one and the only one processed so far.

Nice work William, classy HDR.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

i like this photo