Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

I really like William...which process did you use for this one?? And to get the grass fronds in the front NOT moving gives it a really nice touch!! Great shot....btw, I

Thanks Gregg. The fronds were easy because they were dry and there was no wind. Lucky. But I took another shot in this series and it had ducks in it. They must have been expecting bread and all came swimming over while I took my exposures. In PP I just blended the exposures normally but to account for the movement I dropped the center exposure onto photomatix and did as single exposure HDR with the same settings as the three exposure image. Then I masked these ducks over the blurred ones. Worked well so I

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1200x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/1321.campsite_5F00_sunrise.jpg[/img]

Subject matter on the above photo isn't the most interesting but I thought I'd share a campsite I stayed at when I was at Arizona. The sunrise was beautiful!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1100x600/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/5556.Sand-Dollar-Beach-Pano.jpg[/img]

Here we have Sand Dollar Beach in Big Sur, CA. I believe this HDR consisted of about three 30 second exposures.

-Andy

Great shots everyone!

Hey Gregg,can you postthe link to your 35mm duel the the death[] comparisonon Picasa? I lost my MD 35mm f/2.8 (Great lens BTW) and have a 35mm sized hole in my lineup[:P] Although I do have the FD 35mm f/2.0 S.S.C which is not converted yet but I can holdit to the mount and use a very high shutter speed,it'snot very sharpwide open at close distances. I know it's not 100% accurate but I have done thatto my other lens and it's veryclose.I got the lens for free so I don't have a big insentive toconvert it.

Eventually I want to get a FF bodybut that willbequite a while from now, but I don't mind because myFF primeswork great on 1.6.

John.

Nice images!

Nice sunset aZhu, that

Here is my first serious attemt at HDR. I used DxO's single shot HDR feature, actually works quite well. But the noise can get out of hand in a hurry!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/5265.IMG_5F00_0838_5F00_DxO-reduced.JPG[/img]

MD 24mm, f/8, ISO 800, 80th sec, highlightpriority,tripod.

The highlight priority featureworked great for thissingle shot HDR, trying to expose without it was a huge challenge.

Some more in the works.[]

Cheers,

John.

Some more:

All I can say is WOW! Those are superb! What software did you use to post proccess those?

Keep up the amazing work,

John.

William, those are some fantastic HDR's...great composition and colors. Not overdone(like I do sometimes..check out my Kauai thread down the line somewhere...)! Have you tried converting some to B&W at all yet....give it a try? You can get some really amazing results doing that. I might as well bring back some of my older HDR's, since this thread is getting really busy!!

Here are a couple from Italy last year...here goes...

Constantine's Arch next to the Colloseum...1D4,24-70L, 5 exposures..

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/2210.Archway-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

A "Sport Amphitheatre" in Ortigia, Sicily, Italy...1D4, Nikon 14-24G, 5 shot..

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/1537.Sport-Theatre.HDR.jpg[/img]

Inside the Colloseum..I made it kinda grungy considering what went on inside...1D4, Nikon 14-24G, 5 shots..

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/5078.Inside-the-Colloseum.HDR-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

Night shot...24-70L, 5 shots..

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/6052.Colloseum-Side.HDR-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

And my personal Fav...14-24G, 5 shots with semi-long exposures...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/0652.Colliseum.HDR-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]