Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C&C My first attempts with a Graduated ND Filter

Re: C&C My first attempts with a Graduated ND Filter

Steve,

Another interesting point is that if you look on the lake you can also see where the CPL isn't capable of polarizing such a large body of water.

The CPL seems to have the same opposite "mirror image" effect as the sky on the water. The darker portion of the sky matches up with the darker portions of the lake. I think the demarcation of the clouds is also exacerbating this. You can see through the water where it was polarized and you will see reflections where it is not.

Rick, please note that this is not a critique of your photo, however it is a mere limitation of CPL's. So, in other words this is no reflection on you! (pun intended) []

Rich

@Rich, oh stop it. I do see what you mean.

@Rick, it is a great shot of a spectacular scene. I went to a couple of retail shops after running into a dead end with the Cokin ZPro holder online. One said,"Yes we can order it for you," the other said, "Cokin are in receivership and we haven
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

...interesting that the CPL is limited regarding the Lake as well. But I think it adds to the shot.