Thread: Are my pictures really that BAD?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Are my pictures really that BAD?

I just went to the last page of the bird thread and all are there. Could it be that it is because I still use explorer 8 that I

Wally, what type of browser do you use?

The forums are also slow from time to time here, but my pictures(from Flickr) and avatar seem to stay on. I'm using the latest Firefox and have no problems at all. If I remember correctly, John(neuroanatomist) is probably using something like Safari? And he has no problems either, so I'm guessing the problems are with Internet Explorer?

If you have problems, please state what browser you use, it might solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Could it be that it is because I still use explorer 8 that I'm not having that problem?

That can be possible. Seems that Internet Explorer 9 isn't the best product Microsoft has come up with. My mother has big "problems" playing online java based games, so there are more problems.

Jan

I use internet explorer and get a lot of broken images on this forum (little white boxes with a red X inside). I just refresh the page (hit F5 with most browsers) until they appear, usually only takes one try. If it bothered me that much I

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Paalman

Wally, what type of browser do you use?

The forums are also slow from time to time here, but my pictures(from Flickr) and avatar seem to stay on. I'm using the latest Firefox and have no problems at all. If I remember correctly, John(neuroanatomist) is probably using something like Safari? And he has no problems either, so I'm guessing the problems are with Internet Explorer?

If you have problems, please state what browser you use, it might solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Could it be that it is because I still use explorer 8 that I'm not having that problem?

Jan

I use Mozilla Firefox on all my 3 computers. These are all at different locations in the house, and all having the same problem. I have even tried using Internet Explorer 8, but still no good.

I find it strange that when I use any of my four sons (at very different location, some using FireFox, some using I/E) computers, and sign in TDP I still have the same problem.

I appreciate you guys trying to solve my (and some others) problem, and I will keep posting pictures good and bad (LOL).

Thanks again Guys

Funny picture I uploaded from my computer. Hopefully you can view this. Rgds Wally

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x480/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/4810.12borderev.jpg[/img]

Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Sorry, I

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Sorry, I've never experienced this problem, but I can try to help.

When do they disappear and in what proportion? Is it immediately, a few hours later, or months? Is it half the images, 10%, or all of them? Is it only your own images or do other users' images disappear as well?

Hi Daniel, Thanks for looking into this. Please note that other members are having similar problem.The picture and or pictures disappear totally and at time they do re appear. The same happens with my avatar also. Believe or not the latest pictures I uploaded to this post are there and I actually can see them. I can also see them on my other computers. Me being to see my own posted pictures are rare. No Avatar, but that's not a real worry.

I'm posting a pic now which I upload from my computer file.

Wally

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/5700.Melbourne-Wharf.jpg[/img]

Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Try changing your DNS. This page has links to guides on how to do it:

code.google.com/.../public-dns

Let

I had a look at the link, but I don't think that's going to solve the problem.

I just had a look of the pic's posted earlier and there are not there, while an hour before it was OK.

Who knows. I just keep going the way it is.

Thanks for your help Daniel; []

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo