Page 210 of 558 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

At Joel,

That 600mm II is the only lens that temps meover the 800mm. I wonder what would the AF speed be with the 1.4 II? If it's significantly slower that might be a deal breaker. But f/4 is very valuable.

John.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]Joel &amp; Bob
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]You guys are just too good, and what's worse is that you make it look far easier than it is.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]Steve U
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]A common Australian Honey Eater the Red Wattle Bird. Large 32-36cm (12-14"), aggressive and very noisy. The Wattle is the pink patch below the eye, this one looks like a juvenile because the patch is still small. When they are nearby it's very easy to attract them, just get a recording of their bird calls from the net and you will have the entire clan around you.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]70-300 (non-L) very little PP, just some sharpening. The background is a Bottle Brush (red flowers).
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]There is something about a Galah, they always look comical. <span style="font-size: small;"]Unfortunately grass does not give good background blur <span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-ansi-language: EN-AU; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;"]and my policy is to use very little PP.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Canon 350D, 70-300L, ISO 200, 300mm,f5.6, 1/2000

Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Hey thanks for the info Raid, nice sharp shots. Galahs are comical birds, I have to try very hard not to walk like one, when I have had one of my long lunches.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Two more of the loons from my last kayaking trip

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3782.Loon-IMG_5F00_4207.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2766.Loon-IMG_5F00_4302.JPG[/img]

Top one is my favourite Brant, lovely contrast and management of the black and white. Top shot.
    Steve U

Thanks Steve. I got lucky with the lighting on that one.

Nope, right place right time and the skill to bring it together, good stuff Brant.

Another wee lorikeet from me.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/880x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6087.Lorikeet_5F00_6.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing,

Steve

Steve U

Steve, Lovely Lorikeet!!! Very well done.

Kayaker ... fantastic Loons ... love the low angle

Steve... Loverly Lorikeet ... well done!!