Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is photography a profession, hobby or obsession for you?

Re: Is photography a profession, hobby or obsession for you?

Photography is a hobby for me with some local sales to replace lost lens caps and such. Perhaps when I retire from my day job in 20 years or so, I could see doing it more for extra money. I was a professional Videographer on the weekends throughout college.

Denise, that's a bummer about your photo restrictions. Perhaps you could negotiate, lets say 120 frames/year limit (10 shots a month)anda Holiday exception. It's too bad, because they will really be missing out in the long run and the kids will be missing out too. I think they will come around, just give them a little break for now.

My father was into photography when I was a child and we haddark room in our house when I was growing up and I have a ton of baby pictures to show for it and I really appreciate that now.

I have the opposite problem, my family wants me to bring my camera with me all the time and then they don't stop bugging me for the images (which I admit I am very slow at getting them the images, whereas3-12 months isn't unheard of for me), so now I am more selective in where I bring my kit.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane

Denise, that's a bummer about your photo restrictions. Perhaps you could negotiate, lets say 120 frames/year limit (10 shots a month)anda Holiday exception. It's too bad, because they will really be missing out in the long run and the kids will be missing out too. I think they will come around, just give them a little break for now.

Well, my daughter saw that I posted the photos on flickr so that I could pull them into here and apparently Iwas not allowed to post photos of them either for she publicly posted that I tried to steal creditfor JC Penney's work and that people should maybe doubt all of the photos I have posted as being my own work.I was not trying to do that at alland I hope everyone here or anyone that saw her post knows that what she said is not true. Ihave RAW files to prove it and I statedhere that I did not take those photos.I have removed the photos of her and it looks like photography is pretty expensive for me in a lot of ways ...it has now costed me my reputation!

Hi Denise, sorry to hear this issue is escalating for you. No one in this community doubts you and we know you didn
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Your reputation is completely intact here.....I wouldn't worry about that. It is very unfortunate, but it seems that mother-daughter relationships can often be extraordinarily complicated despite the fact that both are good, well intentioned, and intelligent people. Something biological there... My last comment is one I've given several times, but I often find it useful to treat a relationship the way you want it to be, not necessarily how it is at that moment.

Thanks, guys! Life sure takes some crazy turns out of the blue, that

Its a hobby I happen to get paid for.

Photography is a hobby for me.

My passion is aviation.

I learned photography as part of my graduate studies as an Architect in the early 90