Page 88 of 398 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    I was messing around in the "Print" section of LR3 for the first time today and made this. It's a pretty interesting feature once you figure out how to use it.

I have tried it, but I cannot get more photos on there than 1, so I quit after a while

Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    I would love some constructive criticism

I like the "collage" so to say. Nicely done. One thing that I would "critique" would be the two different tones. At the left side you have this greenish warm tone on the 3 photos and on the right side 2 photos you have a totally different tone. This is what makes the image not stick together for me. Perhaps a different order of photos would prevent this, but I don't know. Again, I like the idea.

It's already 2 weeks ago that I took my camera and made some photos. I shot these at about 2300-2400h. About a week before I discovered the amazing view at night at this location. It's just 1-1,5km from the neerest town, but on a small hill and I simply have never seen so much stars in my entire life. No moon, so even darker than normal:

Exif: 5D2, 24mm, f4, 30sec, ISO1600

Exif: 5D2, 50mm, f1.4, 10sec, ISO1600

Shooting at night was very difficult! I took about 7 shots in almost 2 hours of which I only like these two. The others had much longer shutterspeeds, but had a lot of movement in the stars. Not enough to make it look as awesome as Ben's starcirlces though If I have the opportunity again, I'm definitely going to make more longer exposures and fuse them.

Nice fall colours guys and great sky Jan.

Only 10 more sleeps to the annual Brisbane Zombie Walk, I can't wait. One of the best photo ops that I have had. Might take the knee pads this year though.

:690:0]

Thanks for viewing,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Oh that looks pretty cool Steve, looking forward to the shots!

Ha....Steve, definitely a good photo op......and, as always, remember the rules of Zombie(land):

en.wikipedia.org/.../Zombieland

Be safe.......

my sister
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

40D, 400mm f5.6L, @f5.6, 1/50s

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

The lens is going back on Monday once Abe's of Maine opens up again but I was able to savor a couple pics from first trying it out this afternoon. Here is one of my grandson, Caleb and my boy, Lucky ...

Great photo Denise. I love the exposure. Which lens did you use? I clicked through to flickr, but I didn

Steve: Your photo gives me night mares... I luv it though...Now, who of my in laws looks like him...LOL

dsiegel5151: Magnificent pix..Well done.

Denise: Internment moments are hard to capture. You have done so....Well done. What lens is going back?

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy

Denise: Internment moments are hard to capture. You have done so....Well done. What lens is going back?

Wally

A few days ago I sold my 35L and a few other things. I was able to get both the Sigma 50mm and 30mm at Abe's of Maine for less than used was going for on FM, and I still had plenty of $ left over to take care of a few non-photography related issues. The 50mm arrived this afternoon so I tried it out on the shot above and a few others. It is badly front-focusing even at +15! So, on Monday, I am sending it back for another copy.

I thought if I go non-canon on most of my lenses for awhile, I can keep photography going for alittle while longer but it is such a pain trying to get a good copy!

Denise

EDIT: The above photo was taken at +10 microadjustment. It looks ok but when I take shots of something specifically to test where it focuses it appears to be in front. Goodness, I am horrible at this!