Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll jump in and try my first post on the new forum. Here's a shot that I took this past weekend during a senior portrait shoot. I loved her eyes, but am interested in your thoughts on the image...

Senior Portrait Saturday by B_R_T, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    I'll jump in and try my first post on the new forum. Here's a shot that I took this past weekend during a senior portrait shoot. I loved her eyes, but am interested in your thoughts on the image...
    Hi, this is a really nice portrait. Framing, expression and lighting are simply great. But, in my opinion, the opacity of some PS layer could have been reduced. One can understand the temptation of really making those eyes shine, but maybe it went a bit too far. Just my thoughts on an otherwise great portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    Hi, this is a really nice portrait. Framing, expression and lighting are simply great. But, in my opinion, the opacity of some PS layer could have been reduced. One can understand the temptation of really making those eyes shine, but maybe it went a bit too far. Just my thoughts on an otherwise great portrait.
    Thanks. I'll look at the b&w conversion and darken the blue layer a bit or maybe try the other suggestion to use a level adjustment and clip the blacks just a bit. Thanks for the critique.