Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The new forum is here!

Be aware that if you click on the ABC tab, it gives you the option of downloading ieSpell, of course it doesn’t work on my system here at work and it inconveniently will download a Start bar to your browser and change your default search engine to Bing. I find programs that do these kinds of changes to be annoying. I read the terms of service from ieSpell, nowhere did it state that it would add other unwanted programs, yet it does.

Where is the spell check that was on the boards the first day or two? You just had to click a highlighted word and it gave you the option to change.

HDNitehawk - Let me check with the contractor - to find out if he made any changes in that regard.

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan,

One little nit-picky thing I've discovered. Editing the signature. Says you're allowed three lines, but gives that error when only entering in three lines.

The only other option to have my nifty photographer's prayer I came up with today, while in a caffine-fueled editing frenzy, AND my gear is to have it look like it does here:

Last edited by Rocco; 11-18-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Amen!

HDNitehawk - The contractor has not changed any spell-correction-related settings. He did mention that the functionality may be different across browsers. I'm not sure to be of additional help on this one. I also dislike additional software payloads arriving in the funciton I intentionally download.

Rocco - I found a setting called "Signature Soft-Linebreak Character Limit". It was set at 90 characters - I increased the limit to 180. Hopefully this solves your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan View Post
    Rocco - I found a setting called "Signature Soft-Linebreak Character Limit". It was set at 90 characters - I increased the limit to 180. Hopefully this solves your problem.
    Seems to have done the trick.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

You have to re-friend everyone again, right? Just wanting to make sure it wasn't hidden somewhere. I'm still limping by on the new site and trying to get caught up with bios and stuff.

andnowimbroke - Unfortunately, that is correct. Friends were not able to be migrated. I know what you are saying.

Thanks for the reply. With the holidays coming up and me needing/wanting some new equipment, friendships are good to have

Hang in there, I'm sure in time you will make lots of new friends at the new school!!