Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photography in the rain

Re: Photography in the rain

I've been in a similar position. The secret is to be underneath the rain cover yourself. I would start with a large trash bag, a rubber band, and a lens hood if you have one. Cut a small hole in the bag for the lens, put the lens (with the hood on) through the hole, and rubber band the bag around the outside of the hood. The hood will keep rain off the lens element, and give the rubber band something to squeeze other than the lens. Finally, you can fit your head and shoulders underneath the bag. You will now be able to see through the lens without any trouble, and you'll stay dry-ish too!

Re: Photography in the rain

When I shoot in the rain, which is often,I use a Kata rain cover for the camera. It can fit up to a 300 f4 and can have an extension velcroed to the front for longer lenses. Arm holes in the side and zippered bottom, clear plastic from bottom to front of the cover. All opening have shock cord with stops for sealing. I use Think Tank skins on a belt with their integrated sealed raincovers.

As for keeping myself dry: marmot precip pants (about 7 yrs old now), marmot precip jacket, and either a syntetic ball cap from races ive run, or an OR seattle sombrero.