• Get the original 5D for $900-$1000

1 5.88%
  • Get the 1DMkII for $1000

0 0%
  • Buy a 5DMkII now

13 76.47%
  • WAIT for a 5DMkIII or a MkII at lower value

3 17.65%

Thread: $1k for a new-used Full-Frame - which one?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I think though the 7D has a better AF system that the focusing "in general" on the 5D MkII is actually BETTER because in low-light and having a sensor that's more sensitive as it is, it seems to focus at least as well... and in churches and stuff it focuses much better than the 7D using the same lens.
    Interesting observation, and one that I have noticed as well - provided you're using the 5DII's center AF point, it seems to do a little better in low light than the 7D. The off-center points on the 5DII fail miserably in low light, and sometimes even in decent light (whereas the off-center points on the 7D are failry equivalent to the center point). The specs on low-light performance don't tell the whole story - the AF sensors in the 5DII and 7D (and xxD/xxxD cameras, too) are rated at the same -0.5 EV sensitivity.

I will vote for the 5D MK II
    Wait a little they start coming down in price, I have 2 for my work and i love them !!!!

Sorry for showing my lack of familiarity with the FF world, would a used 1DsII be a viable option for a first FF camera?