Thread: Corporate Style Headshots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    One of the problems with the Botero backgrounds is evident in these shots--wrinkles. Whenever I use a Botero background these days, I do my best to either a) avoid hitting it with light or b) hit it with so much light that the wrinkles aren't visible. The biggest problem is that what you really need (increased distance from the subject to the background) isn't possible with such a small collapsible background.
    Any experience with a higher quality collapsible? I would imagine that the Lastolite ones fair better. I wanted a gray background so I had to let a little bit of light fall on it.

...the subject has an odd glow on his back that is more visible than on the others. Did you decrease the brightness of the background in post, using a soft brush to get in close to the subject without going too far and affect the rim light?
    Nope, only basic tweaks in LR3. These guys were hard to keep on their mark and even a few inches either one way or the other had a pretty noticeable effect on how each light fell on them (especially the rim).

...but shot #3 is (in my opinion) is just about perfect.
    This was my favorite too.

Thanks for the input all!
    Last edited by Mark Elberson; 01-05-2012 at 12:10 AM.