Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
HAHA! That thing is INSANE Sean. Any example photos taken with it? Also, any recommendations as far as smaller modifiers go? Was looking at possibly a strip light or beauty dish? I saw Wescott also makes a 28" Apollo softbox, but like their other stuff you have to buy the kit and that includes a stand, making it more expensive.
Examples of pics taken with the large softbox:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

The way Westcott assembles and labels their packages is confusing. If you wanted the 28" Westcott Apollo, you'd get this set (it's the same price as buying the Apollo alone, but you get an umbrella swivel as well).

As far as smaller modifiers go, I already suggested something along the lines of the 15" collapsible softbox I have. However, other things to consider might be:

16" Beauty Dish
Lumiquest Softbox LTP
Small umbrella (sometimes I use a 25" in crowded places)

When it comes to stripboxes, I use them quite regularly now that I have them; for the longest time, however, I did without them just fine. I have no experience with ones designed specifically for speedlights. You probably couldn't go wrong with the new Westcott versions, but I'd suggest waiting until you find yourself missing the advantages of a stripbox before investing in them. Until then, you can use bare, umbrella, or softboxed rim.