Quote Originally Posted by iso79 View Post
I'm going to Japan in march. It will be my second time there! Photography will be a major part of my trip. I will be mainly photographing people and landscapes. Question is what lenses should I bring? I want to travel light but also not regret not bringing a certain lens.

Here's what I have:

135mm f/2 L
85mm f/1.2 L
35mm f/1.4 L
24-70mm f/2.8 L
17-40mm f/4 L
This is a hard decision. Usually I just end up taking everything and deal with weight.

The only ones that seem to overlap are the 24-70mm and 17-40mm. Do you need 17mm for landscapes?? You using a crop body? If you have ff and it were me I would sell the 24-70mm and 17-40mm and buy the 24mm f1.4L and go all prime for the trip.

You know there is no one that can give you an accurate answer. The reason why is you need to define what is really important to you. If landscape is your thing of course your best landscape lenses. If people shots are family type shots and good IQ is fine, then why take the 85mm and 135mm? But if the people shots need to be really good you want to take your best for that. Tell everyone what you want to accomplish and I bet they will have alot of suggestions.