Thread: [Resolved] Anyone have this issue with Adorama?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just wanted to post a followup on this issue as I think it has now come to a close. I received an email from Helen yesterday advising that there was a typo, either from the sales rep to Bryan, or a typo when the specials were placed on the site. I was told that the item was not on sale and the sale price would not be offered. They did give me a coupon code for a one time $20 off if I were to spend $100. Otherwise the price was what is posted on their site.

Since I needed a wide angle by last weekend for some landscape work and didn't have time to rent and really wanted to buy something for my kit, I decided to purchase a Toking 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX II that I have been eyeing for some time. I hadn't heard back from Adorama before the sale date was to expire so I pulled the trigger on this thinking that if I were to get the deal I wanted from Adorama, I would send this lens back to the dealer and purchase the Canon. However from the files I am looking at taken this weekend with the Tokina, I am really pleased at the sharpness and flare control of the new lens. Also, I was unaware that they had updated their drive motor for the AF of the lens and it is really quiet. Not quite USM quiet, but is close to the hum of a IS on a Canon lens. If anyone is interested I will post some pictures taken from this weekend when I have time to go through them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    If anyone is interested I will post some pictures taken from this weekend when I have time to go through them all.

Hi Jayson. I would definitely be interested in seeing some samples. I'm in the market for a landscape lens and am curious as to how it might compare to the 16-35 II.

Cheers,
    Damian