Page 250 of 558 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto View Post
    got them today, had to use high key due to back light.
    7D 500mm 4.0

thanks for viewing
    This one is great and should be hanging on someone's wall. Great timing!

I appreciate your kind words, Jason. I have been thinking about that but havn't done any yet

Couple Dark-eyed Juncos from this morning's first snow in southern Missouri:

Last edited by dsiegel5151; 01-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by dsiegel5151 View Post
    Couple Dark-eyed Juncos from this morning's first snow in southern Missouri:
    These are well posed and sharp, especially like the second one. It would really pop if you crop some off the top then darkened the BG slightly and brightened the bird slightly.

Eh, I'm not patient enough to do anything besides curves and cropping in Photoshop (i.e., every time I edit an image in Photoshop it is painfully obvious that the image was edited). However, I have had some wireless flash triggers sitting in my shopping cart at B&H for a few months now to help better control background and foreground exposure. Maybe now that my bank account is rebounding from the holidays I should hit purchase on those...
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by dsiegel5151 View Post
    Eh, I'm not patient enough to do anything besides curves and cropping in Photoshop (i.e., every time I edit an image in Photoshop it is painfully obvious that the image was edited). However, I have had some wireless flash triggers sitting in my shopping cart at B&H for a few months now to help better control background and foreground exposure. Maybe now that my bank account is rebounding from the holidays I should hit purchase on those...
    A little fill flash would do the trick most likely.

I would suggest using your single 430 EXII with a Better Beamer from Visual Echoes....set your flash to ETTL and dial in about -2 1/3 stops as a staring point.

The Better Beamer is a relatively inexpensive accessory that works wonders with flash.

Bob Williams was gracious enough to invite me to stay at his home for a few days AND to show mw around The Bosque Del Apache Wildlife Refuge, needless to say we have had a great time and created more than a few thousand RAW files to process.....Thanks Bob & Norma for a fantastic time

This a Sandhill Crane portrait, there are literally thousands of them on the Bosque.

Thanks Joel, I too have had a great time and learned a lot too. Your welcome back anytime; maybe then we can get that Harris's Hawk. Here is one that I managed to snap during Joel's Trip; Joel did the coaching on the post processing:

Northern Harrier enjoying breakfast

P.S. Joel, I hope we haven't burned you out on New Mexican Food.
    Bob

WOW! Two fantastic shots, Bob & Joel!! Looks like the photography experience was well worth it for both of you!!

A few backyard bird shots for me today ...

IMG_2480 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_2452 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Also, when I was flipping thru my local Sunday morning paper there was a beautiful huge color photo of a Snowy Owl. I had to do a double-take ...it was my photo of a Snowy Owl!! They printed my photo and along with an article on why everyone is seeing so many this year. I was pretty thrilled ...had to go out and buy a few more copies of the paper!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    WOW! Two fantastic shots, Bob & Joel!! Looks like the photography experience was well worth it for both of yo

Also, when I was flipping thru my local Sunday morning paper there was a beautiful huge color photo of a Snowy Owl. I had to do a double-take ...it was my photo of a Snowy Owl!! They printed my photo and along with an article on why everyone is seeing so many this year. I was pretty thrilled ...had to go out and buy a few more copies of the paper!
    Very very nice images Denise, great work....congrats on getting published in paper, hope they credited you appropriately...publicity can't hurt!