Thread: Tax returns and off camera lighting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So, I've been thinking on this pretty much everyday since I posted this.. I realised that I never really gave monoblocks any real consideration. I suppose I was heavily influenced by McNally's book, and somehow I was thinking that the speedlite method was a natural step before going with studio strobes.. but then I started taking a harder look at the total cost of everything I wanted and started looking into monoblocks.

I now think I'm getting strobes. Specifically PCB Einsteins. I can get two of those with the vagabond mini battery packs, the 86inch parabolic umbrella, the 64inch parabolic umbrella, the large foldable softbox, the white 22inch beauty dish with grid (30 degree), two light stands, the white fabric covers for the umbrellas, and the TT1, AC3, and two MC2 controllers all for a few hundred more than I was looking to spend. And i'd still have the option of getting a TT5 for my 430 if I felt like I needed another light.
    Last edited by Rocco; 01-16-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers