Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Just started attempting landscapes.

attempting? Looks like you got it down pretty good to me
    Mark

@Jayson: Really nice depth in those captures - the clouds are beautiful. My favorite is the first one.

@conropl: The lighthouse photos are great, I especially like no. 1

A nightscape with pre-sunrise colours from Birmingham, UK

Last edited by ham; 01-23-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Ham - Great colors.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Thanks, love living fairly high up, just a shame the rises and sets are during commute time still.

Nice capture Ham

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Ah nice shot Steve - I love Wellington Point. It's a dream location for neutral density filters with the mangroves around. Have only been there once but I'll surely head back.

Jayson - not a bad "attempt" there. They look great.

conropl - that looks so so cold. You're a brave man.

cls - sounds like you had an eventful day. Nothing worse than being wet in the cold weather too. I really like your second shot - maybe bump up the contrast a bit for a little more 'pop'.

Good to see this thread getting a bit of action anyhow.

Here's a couple more shots from good old Iceland. I've been very slack and haven't processed a lot of them yet. Time to get moving I think.

This first one is a part of the Blue Lagoon between Keflavik and Reykjavic. It's basically the output from the geothermal power plant next door. The plant uses steam from the geothermal springs to spin turbines, in turn creating power etc etc. But it's very clean and green, AND they managed to make a tourist attraction out of its waste product. The water temp is about 40°C, which feels unreal when it's -10°C ambient. We went for a swim here for a couple of hours while drinking beers in the water, not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Iceland - The Blue Lagoon by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr

This is another couple from our quad bike tour through the hills out to the lava beach. Honestly I've never seen anything like it. The sky was incredible. There's obviously some post processing work here but I guarantee you this is pretty well what it looked like to the naked eye, and it stayed like this for ages as the sun is very low for most of the afternoon. Loved it!

Iceland - The Quads by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr

Iceland - Jetstreams by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Amazing Ben, absolutely bleeding amazing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Wow... I really want to go to Iceland!
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Winter Tree