Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is that a 1DX mounted to the 200-400?

The best guess is that it's the new 5D III. By the size of the camera, it looks to be a full-framer. It's also interesting that the screen looks to be a 16x9 ratio (or something close to it), which is another hint that it's a camera intended to be used widely by independent filmmakers.

Even if the 5D's autofocus won't be as full-featured or as fast as that of the 1Dx or even the 7D, who's to say they weren't testing a newer/better Al Servo algorithm? They could still improve the 5D's autofocus while still leaving a performance gap compared to other cameras. We all know a 5D Mark II successor is in the works; the evidence suggests this is a small glimpse.

I'm thinking of the 1D X 200-400 as my hiking, hand holdable rig. Any thoughts??? Monopod?? Or not with these guns!!
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

If you're in the market for a 1Dx and a 200-400, you don't need a monopod; your arms are already pre-conditioned by whipping out that 27lb wallet everywhere you go...

Therefore, you're steady as a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    If you're in the market for a 1Dx and a 200-400, you don't need a monopod; your arms are already pre-conditioned by whipping out that 27lb wallet everywhere you go...

Therefore, you're steady as a rock.
    That's funny, I don't think the wallet is that heavy, but it would probably need to be, to be in the market for that combo.
    Dream on, or work harder.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I don't see a mirror. It must be the top secret mirror less camera canon has been developing .