Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lenses - Je ne sais pas?

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    $3,325 and shipping is free in the U.S.
    Yeah, with the out-of-stock USA rebated one, i think I added them all up counting the imported but in-stock non-rebated one...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Thanks a lot for all the help everyone - i really appreaciate it!!!

If you want to cut the budget on one of the lenses, consider the Tamron 17-50, 2.8 nonIS. No IS, and the autofocus is slower and hunts a bit in low-light conditions (not a big issue in landscape photography), but optically equal to the Canon (in some reviews it scores better, in some the Canon wins, I think it evens out).
    Also, the Tamron 90mm macro has gotten very good reviews, and has often been rewarded best buy due to its high quality and low price. Optically probably not as good as the Canon 2.8 L, but better than most other similar macros. And the price is one third of the Canon 2.8 L (at least in Norway). The slow autofocus can be an issue if you are trying to shoot BIF (bugs in flight), but it could be a nice introduction to macro photography (and portrait too).

Just my thoughts for saving some money to be able to afford the lens of your life.

Lars

If you're looking to save a few dollars and like primes, you might consider the sigma 30 f1.4 as your "general purpose" lens. It's obviously not a wide lens on a crop body, but otherwise it's very versatile. It's currently my general purpose lens.

Otherwise, I think the 70-300L, 100L macro and efs 17-55 make the best combo. I have the 70-300L and 100L. Both are spectacular.