Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1Dx full Res images

1Dx full Res images

web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos1dx/

Soo.. how do they look to you guys? I'm on my phone and away from a computer, so of course they look great.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

If I were able to download the pictures I could answer that. So far I just get errors.

The thumbs look nice, but then again the D800’s pictures looked nice as well.

I finally got them to download. The four action pictures are from the new 600mm II or the 400mm II so it is hard to have a good comparison. The pics appear to be of the same quality as I would expect out of my 1D IV for the action shots. What concern me are the bottom three pictures, to me these shots do not demonstrate an increased dynamic range. Maybe it demonstrates the photogs ability to use available light but it shows nothing about the camera. To me they seem underexposed only slightly. I thought the 1D X was going to have some improvement in that area.

The images look very good, but you should expect that from a $13000 lens and a $6000+ camera.
    Interesting that B&H have removed any link or mention of the 1Dx from their website and so has Adorama, Amazon still has something about it, but no price???
    I'm wondering if the D800 has really made Canon stop and re-think.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Too bad there's no raw files.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    The images look very good, but you should expect that from a $13000 lens and a $6000+ camera.
    Interesting that B&H have removed any link or mention of the 1Dx from their website and so has Adorama, Amazon still has something about it, but no price???
    Made me stop and think. Made me think how well would the D800 work with the Zeiss Distagon 35 and 21mm's?
    I was going to jump up to the next great landscape camera when it came out, it wouldn't cost that much more to swap.

I think that will be a "killer" combination Rick, mmm 21mm, 35mm on a D800....
    That's cheaper than a 1Dx body by itself.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

The photos are limited by the 8 bit sampling of the JPEGs they're being displayed as. We need TIFF files to know if the camera's advertised dynamic range improvements mean anything

Quote Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
    The photos are limited by the 8 bit sampling of the JPEGs they're being displayed as. We need TIFF files to know if the camera's advertised dynamic range improvements mean anything
    Or we need a comparison photo of the exact same shots with a different camera

Maybe the photos were used to demonstrate an improved range, one could just as easily look at the pictures and think the opposite. Knowing the 1D IV and what I would expect to see with a low sun in a situation I was thinking the opposite. As always Canon only gives you a portion of the "picture" when they do their marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Really. Given what I know now (not much, I admit), I would prefer a D800 to a 1Dx, even if price was no object. Charging double for the 1Dx seems like an embarrassment. If I didn't have so much $$$ tied up in Canon lenses, I think would get a D800 without hesitation.