Page 131 of 398 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3980

Thread: Post your best current shots

Thank you Steve & Bob! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    By the way, That is a beautiful shot. Very nice work---Literally, PICTURE PERFECT--Frame it and hang it. and don't forget to share your set-up

Bob
    Thanks, actually I almost trashed this one along with many others I took after I saw that my Auto ISO shot to 3200! But I thought I would work on it alittle and see if I could save it and a couple others.

My set-up: 7d, Sigma 70mm macro, 1/80, f/7.1, ISO Auto (3200). Window light camera left (cloudy day) & I had one flash camera right with a Lumiquest Pocket Bouncer w/ gold inset attached. For the reflection, I took a square glass inset off another table and set it on my kitchen table. I put a gold poster paper underneath the glass. The gold poster paper (and a silver one) were picked up at the hobby store for super cheap and serve as a reflector when I need one also. Nik Color Efex Pro was used to add softness, contrast, vignetting and frame.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Thank you Steve & Bob! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Thanks, actually I almost trashed this one along with many others I took after I saw that my Auto ISO shot to 3200! But I thought I would work on it alittle and see if I could save it and a couple others.

My set-up: 7d, Sigma 70mm macro, 1/80, f/7.1, ISO Auto (3200). Window light camera left (cloudy day) & I had one flash camera right with a Lumiquest Pocket Bouncer w/ gold inset attached. For the reflection, I took a square glass inset off another table and set it on my kitchen table. I put a gold poster paper underneath the glass. The gold poster paper (and a silver one) were picked up at the hobby store for super cheap and serve as a reflector when I need one also. Nik Color Efex Pro was used to add softness, contrast, vignetting and frame.

Very nicely done, Denise.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    cls - From your pictures I noticed one difference between men hockey players and women... in the second one and the last one the women still have their front teeth.

Hockey is a very fast sport and your shots are sharp... nice work. I imagine it also would be difficult getting good exposures with all the white around, but your exposures look right on. Nice shots.
    True, for some reason the guys throw away the facemasks as soon as they get old enough (I believe the rule is full cover face protector until 18 years age). Soon after that teeth beging popping out. I'm not sure why they don't keep the protectors they are used to since 10-15 years but I suppose it's a tough guy's thing.

Regarding exposure it's actually quite easy in this arena - lighting conditions are fairly constant both over time and room (location on the ice). This can be a totally different thing in other arenas. Nowadays I feel comfortable with the technical aspects of hockey shooting, but instead I'm practicing timing and framing. (I have lots of images of players' backs right after "it" happened.)

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams
    And to you to DD. By the way, That is a beautiful shot. Very nice work---Literally, PICTURE PERFECT--Frame it and hang it.
    Couldn't agree more - beautiful shot!

Hazy Sunset

Mark - Flickr

That is a really cool capture, Mark! I like it alot ...very nicely done!

Denise

Thanks, Denise. That copse of trees is a favorite model of mine. Not the first time I've caught the sun setting behind them.

Mark - Flickr

Mark - Both of those are great colors. Very nice.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Thanks, Pat. As I passed that point again tonight the sunset was awesome. But I had take-out food I needed to get home, so I enjoyed the scene and drove on.
    Mark - Flickr

+1...nice shots Mark. Love the colors.....

A few more from my hike last week:

Thanks for viewing....Brant

Beautiful shots, Brant! What did you use for the last one? The water is so clear ...I feel like I am standing right there!

More and more of these are returning to my backyard so spring must be just around the corner!

IMG_7691 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr