Page 136 of 398 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3980

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    I'm not sure if anoyne knows exactly what happened, but the common theory is that some lashings burst and caused dislocation of the load. To me that seems plausible.
    I bet it when it caused the ship to roll like that there were other "loads" dislocating. Talk about scary.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Great shot, Denise. How'd you get the background black? Did you use a backdrop or were you able to do it with exposure and lighting?
    Thank you! I used a dark (sort of bronze colored) foam board & added a darker vignette in post.

I've been trying to practice more with tabletop photography and my speedlights to hopefully overcome my frustrations with it. Eventually, I will get it right! Also, with tight shots, I never know where to crop so I am trying a few different ways of composition.

So for now, a few more flower photos and more to come! I better move on to other subjects soon though ...the flowery smell throughout my house is starting to get overwhelming!

IMG_8947 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_9201 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Denise - I like them (a lot). You did not fall into the pit fall I did the last time I shot flowers... I brought a spray bottle, but ended up over spraying them. I like it better with a few drops. I did not see very much water so I kept spraying, and it wasn't until latter when looking at the shots on my computer that I saw I way over did it with the water.

Something that I have found works well on table top stuff is to use black velvet for the back drop (if you like black backgrounds)... it really keeps me from doing any PP to remove anything in the background. It does not show up any wrinkles, shadows, and the black background is unaffected by flash or other external light sources. Very light absorbing. All I had to do was go to the fabric store to pick up a yard of material real cheap (and it was difficult to admit here that I went to the fabric store).
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Lovely pictures Denise

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Denise - I like them (a lot). You did not fall into the pit fall I did the last time I shot flowers... I brought a spray bottle, but ended up over spraying them. I like it better with a few drops. I did not see very much water so I kept spraying, and it wasn't until latter when looking at the shots on my computer that I saw I way over did it with the water.

Something that I have found works well on table top stuff is to use black velvet for the back drop (if you like black backgrounds)... it really keeps me from doing any PP to remove anything in the background. It does not show up any wrinkles, shadows, and the black background is unaffected by flash or other external light sources. Very light absorbing. All I had to do was go to the fabric store to pick up a yard of material real cheap (and it was difficult to admit here that I went to the fabric store).
    Thanks! Actually, I was at the hobby store today and was just about to have the clerk cut a piece of black velvet for me when I changed my mind! I just thought that it would be too much of a dog hair magnet! So, instead I picked up these different color foam boards. Maybe next time I go, I will get the black velvet after all!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Thanks! Actually, I was at the hobby store today and was just about to have the clerk cut a piece of black velvet for me when I changed my mind! I just thought that it would be too much of a dog hair magnet! So, instead I picked up these different color foam boards. Maybe next time I go, I will get the black velvet after all!
    Dog (or cat) hair would be a problem... I did not think of that.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Very good work with the flower images Denise.
    I am not sure if i should put this one in the bird thread, I'll put it here.
    I was just lucky to be in the right spot at the right time when a giant eagle swooped in on a snow leopard. I was just shooting by instinct and the action was over and done with in seconds, but I was lucky enogh to get this image.
    [img]
    Eagle vs. Tiger Claw by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    Thank for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

WOW Steve, thats a brilliant creative shot. LUV the real Pussy and the Fake Eagle and her Chicks. Well done
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Lovely image, Steve! Looks like Bo is ready to protect and pounce if needed! Looks like you have yourself a guard kitty!