Page 109 of 137 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1363

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

John, these are fabulous! First off, I cannot believe how much they have grown in such a short amount of time since their last photos! Secondly, I think you can erase the "amateur" from your bio ...these are VERY professional looking!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I think you can erase the "amateur" from your bio ...these are VERY professional looking!

Denise
    I agree. Great job John
    Mark

A photo of a friend in the summer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maddie-flowerDress.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	602
    Digital - canon 550d 50mm 1.8 (i believe)

Caleb
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLM_Caleb.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	603
    Film - Praktica MTL3 - Ilford FP4
    Last edited by Th3t4; 02-28-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Fantastic shots John. Beautifully excuted and I agree with Denise they are genuine Pro Shots

Th3t4 Love your first photo...Very nice
    Last edited by bouwy; 02-29-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

John, excellent photos.

Here's a few of mine, I've just started to get into portrait photography, as you may be able to tell by these:

--

Nice photos James I couldn't tell you just started. They look pretty good. You like to play with the vibrance/saturation sliders don't you? I rarely like shots that are B+W with a few colored items, but I like the ladybug-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    John, excellent photos.

Here's a few of mine, I've just started to get into portrait photography, as you may be able to tell by these:
    James, Killer job on these and for a noob in Portrait Photography ---well, lets just say you have the knack and I am envious. I could see parents paying a lot of money for shots like these.

The first shot---Love it, what a smile you captured on this little girl and the mix and vividness of the colors are outstanding, the only critique I can offer is maybe tighten up on the crop just a little, but not too much--you still want to keep much of the tree and leaves in the pic.

Second Shot: Perfect don't touch it. Very sharp face with the leaves in action and again gorgeous colors and great crop.

Third Shot: Love the way you did the black and white with the ladybug in color and I really like this crop as well. I also like the ladybug being the focal point----it just works----Frame this one.

Last shot----Great framing, back ground and pose---and of course, wonderful subject with a another great smile. The only comment I have for this one is the lighting is a little harsh and appears that it was camera mounted; try practicing with your flash off camera or bouncing it of the wall or cieling.

Again, Great series and beautiful model---very, very nice work.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    John, excellent photos.

+1 with all of Bob's comments. Great set.

Welcome to the forum.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Bob, the last shot, I agree with you, unfortunatley that day she wasn't co-operating as much as she was in the first set of photos. I want to buy a speed light so that I can bounce the light off of the ceiling. I just purchased a 7-in-1 light reflector as well which I'm looking forward to trying. I normally don't like B&W shots for portraits however I thougt it'd be neat to focas on the lady bug.
    --

Really nice series of portraits James and welcome aboard.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur