Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
You force me to think logically just as my daughter does at home ...I call her my mother because she is the more sensible one!
Hihi My girlfriend does that for me. She always needs to calm me down when I get yet another ridiculous idea in my head

Anyway, when you get a physical restrain you don't get to have everything, because it simply doesn't work. That's why I choose my lenses very carefully and logically. I rarely used my macro last year and I needed to cut down weight in the bag so I sold my macro lens. Now that I sold it, I see more and more opportunities where I could really use one. Sellers remorse I guess, because the fact remains that I rarely used it when I had it

When I upgraded from the Tamron to the 17-55 my photos definitely didn't upgrade with me. The IS was very nice to have, but most of my photos didn't need it. So basically you pay a premium price to get a small "upgrade". The 135L would give you an entire different lens, albeit the 85mm and 100mm are quite close in focal range. You haven't considered a fast wide-angle prime?