Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Blog Post: Three years of Practice, What Now?

Very professional setup and blog Bob. Congratulations and thank you for your efforts. I'll be following.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Bob, I took the time to read the entire post now and you've done quite some new preparations. Nice! Will see how all of that works out.
    As for yesterday I couldn't reply to your blog unless I was a member of Zenfolio. I see you've tackled that as well. That's a good thing in my opinion. Keep on the good work.

Looks great Bob! I liked on facebook so hopefully it keeps me updated! I'll be waiting for the first shots. Inspired by you stuff, I bought a feeder and hope to try out some of the teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Dave, this is the beauty of H-Bird photography. The green box is set up at one end of my back porch, and my camera is set up about 12 feet from the box at the other end of the back porch (my patio table sits between them). I also use an inexpensive radio trigger for the shutter release (about 30 bucks). So once I get everything set up, I just sit at my patio table and wait for the birds to hit the feeder. I do tray and make sure the feeder is out of the frame or replace the feeder with on or two flowers charged with sugar water. My focus point is usually the center or stem of the flower. After a few shots, I make adjustments as necessary and shoot again.

The nice part is no blind, the h-birds are very tolerant of people and equipment, so no need to hide. In fact, my wife often sits on the porch with me and we engage in normal conversation while I shoot.

Bob,

What radio shutter trigger do you recommend? It looks like my 60D doesn't have quite the options the higher end Canon camera have. B&H has a Vello B&H # VERWC1 that would appear to work.

Do you know if radio shutter's would work from behind a glass deck door?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    Bob,

What radio shutter trigger do you recommend? It looks like my 60D doesn't have quite the options the higher end Canon camera have. B&H has a Vello B&H # VERWC1 that would appear to work.

Do you know if radio shutter's would work from behind a glass deck door?

Dave
    I use the Bower wireless shutter release, cheap but works well. Here is a link to the B&H page http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes just pick the one that is right for your camera. They should work through glass as long as the range isn't too far.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Looks great Bob! I liked on facebook so hopefully it keeps me updated! I'll be waiting for the first shots. Inspired by you stuff, I bought a feeder and hope to try out some of the teachings.
    Thanks Jayson, I hope some of my teachings will work as well, much of this is theory not yet put to practice, but I am hopeful.
    Bob

Thanks again to all for your comments. I have made a couple of changes to the Blog Page. The original sidebar layout was altering the layout of the text in the blog and leaving large amounts of blank space. I moved the sidebar data to the bottom and now the text is formatted as designed. I also moved the the blog article to it's own page rather than having the intro, sidebar and blog all on one page. Finally, I figuered out how to add "leave comments" and "register" links for those that were interested. Please feel free to take another look and leave comments or register if you so desire. I have been sitting at 999 hits on my website for 3 days now and desperately need one more looker to put me over that 1k mark, although I am really not sure why that is important. Really I am not begging

Thanks again for all your advice and assistance.
    Bob

I like the changes.....hope to find time to possibly start a blog on my site as well someday.

Did that give you your 1000th? Just checking

Is that supposed to be a "content protected" sign or a picture of something that is protected? When I clicked the "read more" button, everything worked and looked great. Just like with magic tricks, it's all in the prep. Too bad I'm lazy. I wonder how my neighbors would feel about me setting up my stuff by their feeders. Kinda just invite myself over for breakfast and not really leave.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.