Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

played a bit with extension tube today (ef 25II) with my 24-105.
    went to the park thinking maybe something would be budding, but still early here.
    so took pictures of moss, bark and dead plant things.

and for some life and colour
    my Christmas cactus is blooming (indoors)

half the fun was the looks of confusion on other peoples faces as they walked by with their dog - while I'm leaning against a tree with lens almost touching it.. how do I even begin to explain it to them? lol
    Last edited by Kombi; 03-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    half the fun was the looks of confusion on other peoples faces as they walked by with their dog - while I'm leaning against a tree with lens almost touching it.. how do I even begin to explain it to them? lol
    Well, at least these days we've got image review on the screen on the back. I've been shooting a bit of film recently and i've had people ask to see the shot a second after I've shot it. Try explaining to them that I have to finish the roll then get them developed first, I can show them in a week or two...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Nice shots, Pat! We are back to cold & windy weather so I won't be taking macro shots outside for awhile!

Here are a couple from the other day taken inside with flowers from my garden ....

Taken with the 100mm IS macro lens ...

IMG_5092 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

This one was taken with the Sigma 85mm and a 12mm ext. tube ...

IMG_5131 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    These are lovely Denise :-) Flowers are definitely your thing!!!

Thank you, Mark! I am so glad to have the snow gone and the flowers blooming!!

This has to be the biggest bumble bee that I have EVER seen ...

IMG_5569 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Another from today. It was really windy and these were handheld so probably not the sharpest but I was surprised to see that I had a few keepers ...

IMG_5577 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Woohoo!! I just saw on Popular Photography Magazine's website that once again they chose one of my photo's as their "Photo of The Day" on their website ... http://www.popphoto.com/

I have had a number of websites and companies use some of my photos (for free) which is great but man, I sure wish I knew how to make some $ from them!

Tulip by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

congrats Denise- I always enjoy your pictures- no idea how to make money from them guessing more recognition you get more likely someone will hire you for a shoot.

See some adds in local classifieds for teaching- not sure that's up your alley but meeting people in a public place and teaching them how to use their new dslr other than the green square might be a start to making some cash from photography.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Woohoo!! I just saw on Popular Photography Magazine's website that once again they chose one of my photo's as their "Photo of The Day" on their website ... http://www.popphoto.com/

I have had a number of websites and companies use some of my photos (for free) which is great but man, I sure wish I knew how to make some $ from them!

Tulip by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    I really like this one. Have you considered hooking up with a local coffee shop or the like and asking if you can hang some pictures up? I would print them to 11x14 and frame them in a modest off-the-shelf frame and look for somewhere between $150 - $250. How does that sound? Total cost to you would be about $30 - $40 a pop. They get free art and you get exposure + some possible sales! I am going consider approaching a local ice cream shop to do the same thing.

Thanks! That is all very good advice ...thank you! I know the best thing I could do is print some of them and ask local shops, etc. to purchase or hang them for sale. Only problem is, unemployment has really taken its toll on the savings and I can't spend any $ anymore unless it's a necessity. I am going out to Horicon Marsh Nature Preserve soon since it just fully opened for the season & to be honest, I am considering it being possibly my last hurrah and putting everything for sale afterwards. With an unemployment check for the last 6 months of less than half of what I was making & no jobs prospects in site, I think I have sadly delayed the inevitable long enough. I tried downgrading some of my lenses and selling less important accessories thinking I would find work but that hasn't happened so more drastic steps need to be taken soon.

Maybe once I have sold the gear, I will have a few photos printed and see what happens!

Thanks for the advice!

Denise

Congrats Denise...that is awesome that another photo of yours was selected....with all these new camera bodies coming out, I have to admit some temptation to upgrade. But then I see photos like the one you have taken and know I can do more with my 7D.....great shot.

I really hope you don't have to sell your gear and that there is some rationale to the having paid for entertainment that your gear gives you.

Good luck!