Thread: is the price going up?

is the price going up?

I don't follow the price of Canon lenses very often, and recently, I'm looking for some L lenses(135mm/f2 & 35mm/f1.4), they are either not in stock or gone really fast. Adorama has just raised their price from $935 to$ 989.99 for 135mm/2.0(still in back order)today.I don't know if this is the signal that the price of canon lenese is going up.usually, canon lenses will be on sale during Xmas, so will the price go down in the end of this year too? is this the good time to buy or should I wait? any thoughts? please!

Re: is the price going up?

My take:

Buy it!

If this is a matter of $50, IMHO, let it go. Think about it: Save $50, or have it now, take great pictures now, and if they're good enough, impress clients now!

Go and have fun with L glass - You'll love it.

I had the 16-35 2.8 L in my wishlist on Adorama. It was $1450. I was waiting/hoping for the Spring Rebates. I checked one night and it had jump to $1550. So I hopped over to B&H site and saw it was still $1450 So I decided to order it before B&H raised it too and I didn't want to risk the chance they wouldn't have rebates.

So I now have my new favorite lens. This lens is amazing everything Bryan says is dead on with this lens. I even bought it from the direct link from his review. You're welcome.

Canon prices went up April 1...

[]

thanks guys for your opinions. I ordered 135mm/f2.0L couple of days ago($935) hope it's a good buy.the 35mm/f1.4 is still out of stock in almost all the shops of fair prices($1180-$1250).Amazom has it but sell for $1377, which I think is too high.anyway, the reason I was talking about Xmas is that I saw amazon sold 100-400mm for $1199.00 one day in last December, so I was wondering if this kind thing will happen this Xmas too?

i am surprised of the price changing especially in this economic situation