Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling/Trading Equipment to Stores

Thanks, Daniel! I do look at what I paid and what it is selling for currently on numerous sites, what people on FM are selling for and sort of do a Denise formula of averaging! I due tend to price alittle higher when theirs is a number of years old and mine is a few months old though. A majority of the time price hasn't really changed much anyway from what I paid to what it's going for now.

I don't buy/sell photo gear much, but I do negotiate real estate daily for my job. One simple rule is never "bid against yourself". If you have an item on Craigslist or wherever, you will see emails asking "are you willing to come down on that"? Don't do it. Just email back asking them flat-out if they want to make a counteroffer or not. If not, then you have nothing more to say to them.
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes