Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A photoshoot at a pregrad event..

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    Yup, definitely. I'll see what I can do during the scout this weekend. In the mean time, I'll look up someportraits techniques and practise them. Hopefully I can take some good shots with what I have!
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/

Hope that you managed to check out the venue. reading back to the original post, I find myself unsure of the lighting conditions. You say it is an indoor garden but there is also talk of sunlight. Is it a really big green house or something similar?

You also indicated that your girlfriend invited you to this event. Are you covering the entire event or just taking photos of a few people at the event? If covering the event in an official capacity will you be required to carry liability insurance? Is your equipment insured? I have begun to realize that your role was not fully defined and it leads me to more questions.

If you are covering the event what are the client's expectations, quantity quality and delivery time, and do you feel confident in being able to deliver? There will be a lot more time processing images than spent at the event. There was no mention of being paid, only your desire to gain experience and exposure. It could be worthwhile to you to work for free as a step to launching a career, but only if you can meet or exceed expectations.

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    Hi, and I haven't got the time to check out the garden yet, as it's closing in for an exam month for me..and lots of questions! and for most of them, I don't even know the answers! But one thing for sure though, this is nowhere near a professional shoot so I guess it's just going to be more a casual-looking shoot. And I think I'll be doing it free, I don't expect to get paid: I know there's always a costs for doing anything in the economic sense, but I guess I'll do it for a good cause, as this is some memories that my girlfriend's friends can keep.

The expectation shouldn't be high at all, as I've mentioned and told them that I'm NOT a professional, just an amateur/hobbyist. I'll just be doing something I love to do. If they set the bars really high up and I can reach it, then for sure, I will just turn it down and suggest them to find a pro photographer. I still need to confirm with them on a lot of things, so I'll update if i get anything new asap.
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/