Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Pick up a copy of the June 2012 Outdoor Photographer magazine. It has an artical about macro flash gear. Basically the artically talks down the ring flashes as creating a flat shot because it creats an even light with no direction. Where as, the twin flashes with a flash brackets allow you to direct the flash to creat depth and fill at the same time. It also gives some flash backet options to choose from. If you do not want the hard copy, here is the web site version of the artical:

http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/h...cro-flash.html
    Thanks....nice info!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    On flickr I posted two versions of this texture & flower but I think I like this one more ...

Columbine by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    Denise, you could print that on a giclee canvas and sell it for sure. I'd buy it. Nice work.

Thanks all for advice and info re: Macro flash. I decided to go with the Wimberly bracket system and use the flashes I currently have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb View Post
    Denise, you could print that on a giclee canvas and sell it for sure. I'd buy it. Nice work.
    Thank you! I seriously don't like too many of my photos but I must admit that this one is a favorite of mine also!

This is the version that got "EXPLORED" on flickr. Which, getting your photo noticed on flickr and making the explored list is a very nice compliment.

Columbine_1 - Explored on 5/9/12! by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Hey Denise, you should consider writing up a little "How to" tutorial on using textures for the tips section. You know, some basic info about workflow in photoshop etc etc,,, I bet lots of folks would benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Hey Denise, you should consider writing up a little "How to" tutorial on using textures for the tips section. You know, some basic info about workflow in photoshop etc etc,,, I bet lots of folks would benefit from it.
    I concur---and one of those would be me
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    I concur---and one of those would be me
    +1
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Thanks guys! I would like to but I myself am in the beginning stages of it and it really is trial and error for me. I can try and put something together to get you started with some links to various textures to download and use for free and some basics to get you started. I have started attempting to make a few of my own textures but that is still a work in progress!

This a Lily, shot with 180mm macro + 2X TC using a tripod and cable release, no flash.

I shot this out the car window with the 300mm with 1.4x tc. He was giving me all sides. I probably could have moved in a little closer, but he would have been gone.