Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturation Problem in Camera Raw - Advice Please

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    It looks like camera faithful is the most accurate. A bit drab but it's a better starting point. Camera Standard looks less saturated than Adobe Standard but more so than ZB and the actual color. I do not know how to make my own preset so I will need to research that. But no, I never had a problem with any of my other Sigmas.

I did notice that I have ACR 6.6 so I will download 6.7 and see if that helps or makes it worse.
    6.7 reset my preferences and it was a pain to get them back. I use camera faithful almost always since it is suppose to be how the colors are actually rendered and doesn't have other saturation and contrast added by the profile. I use the others very sparingly. I recently purchased the upgrade to lightroom 4 and use that exclusively now. I always preferred ACR, but the updated develop module in Lightroom 4 is great and seems to work best for me. You might try the trial if you don't already have. It is about 1/2 the price of lightroom 3.

Hopefully the problem gets fixed with your new download and things go back to normal. Good Luck!

I downloaded the ACR update but no change there for this. I have Lightroom 3 but never developed a habit of using it. In fact, when I gutted my computer awhile back, I didn't even load it back in as of yet. So, there is a big difference in Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 4?

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I downloaded the ACR update but no change there for this. I have Lightroom 3 but never developed a habit of using it. In fact, when I gutted my computer awhile back, I didn't even load it back in as of yet. So, there is a big difference in Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 4?
    I like it. I never really saw the difference in Lightroom 2 and 3. I only used it basically 6 times and that was when I shot a wedding or had a large family portrait session and wanted to go through the culling process easier than with bridge and ACR. I liked the fact that I could just flag and go. Rating them was so much easier. However for everyday shots that I didn't mind deleting right away, ACR worked great. I have, since getting LR4, importing everything into that and using the updated develop module. They revamped it completely and it was a little different at first, but I now have trouble going back into ACR. The shadow and highlights seem to take to adjustment much better in LR4 and they seem to have fixed issues with halos when using the fill light (now called shadows) and clarity. I think the difference is clearly noticeable. Most people have been complaining because it is much slower than LR3, however, I only have a dual core processer and seem to have no difference in speed between the two. From the sounds of it, people that have quad-core processors have slowness issues. I would suggest if you were thinking of trying, downloading it from the adobe site for the 30 day trial and see if you like. You could also try CS6 for 30 days if you wanted. That looks pretty awesome as well.