Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Jayson,
    awesome shots. How do you take nine shots fast enough before it moves?

wondering,
    Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    Jayson,
    awesome shots. How do you take nine shots fast enough before it moves?

wondering,
    Arnt
    That's a good question, also how do you move or adjust the focus point by such small increments hand held?

Will have to try this, the results are impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    That's a good question, also how do you move or adjust the focus point by such small increments hand held?

Will have to try this, the results are impressive!
    I'd love to know the answer to these questions as well. Perhaps a short tutorial
    Bob

Thanks guys. I just noticed the soft spot on the first fly's eye. Maybe I need to review the technique and fix it up a little in CS5.

In terms of focusing and taking the pictures, I usually do it two ways with either fast fps or the slower one. I move in as close as I can without scaring the bug and focus on the eyes. Then I take pictures as I move the camera forward and backward to get the other parts of the bug in focus. These three flys I used the cameras 8fps and just snapped off. They weren't sticking around long yesterday. Spiders and other bugs like dragon flies you can work slower, but flies, the minute you start moving too close they take off. Make sure you just move the camera and do not focus the lens. It will either enlarge or shrink you subject (due to something with the lens...this may be what they call lens breathing???) which can be tough to fix and stack. That's really all I do. The other think that effects the fps is if there is a flash on board. If using flash, you can only do a the slower fps because the flash can't keep up. Hope that helps.

This is the guy I followed my methods after and his tutorial. He is an awesome macro photographer and has the MP-E 65mm that I really would love to get for stuff like this. He sums it up much better than I would. Once I figure out how to screen shot on my mac, I will maybe write something up.
    Last edited by Jayson; 05-27-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Once I figure out how to screen shot on my mac, I will maybe write something up.
    That's easy........

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/scr...screenshot.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Thanks Joel. I figured it was easy, but just had not looked it up yet. I will see what I can do regarding a tutorial. Don't know how much help it will be but I'll give it a go.

Here are a few shots taken today. It has been really windy here so haven't been able to do much macro shooting in my gardens but today I just couldn't wait any longer! They are not as sharp as I would like but I don't know when I'm going to see a calm day!

IMG_3869 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

hummingbirds delight by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_3813 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

purple beauty by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Very nice Denise .... putting the new lens to good use, beautiful images!

Beautiful Denise! Your floral photography is great. It with your PP on the flowers is top notch in my book.

Here is a spider stacked from 5 photos. I was a little shaky with this baby, so not as clean as it should be. He was really tiny and very skittish.