Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Steve, these are adorable photos! Nala was obviously a big snuggle bug! My dogs only like to snuggle with humans and Sammy will express his displeasure with a muffled grumble and get up & walk away if one of the dogs gets in his personal space when he is lying down! Buddy & Lucky used to used to snuggle with each other just like yours when they were pups but not so much anymore. But all three play together very well so no complaints!

Here is a shot I took of Buddy yesterday. I tried my best with replacing the background and making it look natural but I'm really struggling with teaching myself how to do this! Especially when there is wispy hair, etc.
    If anyone that views this could post a link on the best way to do this using layers or some instructions on what the refine edge settings should be on, it would be hugely appreciated!

Buddy by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    Denise,

I don't think there are any specific settings for refine edge that work on everything....you have to experiment with the feathering and other controls almost on each image to see what works best. One thing I would suggest (if you haven't done so already) you download a trial version of Topaz Remask. With some practice it is possible to do some very fancy selections, including hair. I believe there is a YouTube Video on the process.

On your recent image of Buddy, the main thing that stands out is the bottom of the image because the texture should not be running vertical there. That is what makes it look unnatural to me. Also the top edge of his left leg needs some work.. it looks like he has 2 front legs

I think you should continue to work on the process and you will conquer it. Each image, however, will take some time to process.

A couple of Bindi on her fifth birthday.
    [img]
    Bindi_20 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]

And an older one in B&W.
    [img]
    Bindi_F1 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]

Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Bindi has such a beautiful coat, I love the processing of the first shot! She looks so much younger then 5! More like an overgrown puppy!

My happy boy! by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Great shots of Zuni! My Sammy absolutely loved his agility classes and is surprisingly very good but the equipment is pretty expensive! I am hoping to get to a DIY hurdle/jump bar project this summer!

We made some home-made jumps earlier this year too. They've since been painted. This shot was their first test run (and our first 7D test run too!)

sIMG_1979ahdr by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

We've made two kinds of jumps, and they're roughly the same price to make either kind.

You can see the 1/4" PVC pipe based one, at the back. The bottoms are T pieces with 6" or so of pipe on each side. Use whichever sizes piece you want above that to choose a height. Above that is another T piece, allowing the jump to extend vertically, and sideways for the bar.

In front, is one based on 1x1 pressure treated posts. 4 12" pieces make up the base, with a 36" pole in the middle. Use PVC pipes for the bars. You can see I cut circular holes half way through the post to hold the bars, I don't recommend this, as it takes forever and required far too many tools. It's was REALLY annoying. Instead, start with an 8' post. So far you've used 7' per post. Use the remaining foot to make several 1 or 2" bar holders. and screw them to the post. In the base, we've screwed through the post into the end of the post that butts up against it. You'll screw through the side of that second post to attach to the third. In the end, each base piece is held in by 2 screws. Put a screw through two opposite sides to hold in the middle pole. Also, if you're not used to working with wood, remember to drill pilot holes before you put the screws in, or you'll just crack the wood apart.

The PVC pipe ones are light, and easy to make. The wooden ones look much nicer, and are closer to a dog would see in competition (build wings onto them if you want more official jumps. The dimensions required are on the AAC website. ) The wooden ones could benefit from having a helper around to hold the bits together as you're screwing would be ideal (holding two base parts and the middle post, for correct spacing, AND a drill is tricky!), but I somehow managed to make these one on my own, on a warped table. You don't need precision. Oh, and it would be ideal to have two drills, so you can leave your pilot hole drill bit in one, and leave your screwdriver bit in the other.
    Last edited by DavidEccleston; 06-16-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks David for the info! I just remembered that I do have a limbo set-up out in the garage somewhere that I used when I had my daughters luau wedding shower years back. I'm not sure if it will work for dogs though to jump over. I will have to check it out tomorrow ...we are finally getting some rain now ...YIPPPEEE!!

Wally

Last edited by M_Six; 06-16-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Mark - Flickr

Great pictures on this page.

Mr. Bun Bun

IMG_2264.jpg by sambisu, on Flickr

IMG_2270.jpg by sambisu, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2