Page 177 of 398 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 3980

Thread: Post your best current shots

@Dave - that's some expensive bokeh!

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Great shot. I sometimes think parents who don't have decent cameras are missing out on lots of frozen memories like this.
    I totally agree. The high FPS and AF accuracy of my 7D sure help me capture the frenetic pace of my children.

Here's another from this weekend. At Friday night's sunset before the real fireworks began, I happened to capture someone's small fireworks display during the 8 sec. exposure. 7D and Sigma 30 f/1.4.

I also tried to capture *real* fireworks for the first time later that night. Not sure why I thought the 70-300 would be a good lens choice...should have used the Sigma 30 from my vantage point.

Hi everyone -

As a follow-up to my earlier post about my trip to Spitsbergen, I've published a short article on the Canadian Nature Photography website. Have a look-see if you like: http://www.canadiannaturephotographer.com/index.html

Thanks for viewing
    Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Hi everyone -

As a follow-up to my earlier post about my trip to Spitsbergen, I've published a short article on the Canadian Nature Photography website. Have a look-see if you like: http://www.canadiannaturephotographer.com/index.html

Thanks for viewing
    Jonathan
    Awwwwwsooome
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    Awwwwwsooome
    +1 on that! Great work.

Brilliant! It must have been a wonderful trip; a bit on the cold side though

Cheers,
    S.

Nice shot of the lake kingb, and don't forget verticals look good too for single location fireworks displays. The exposure on the fireworks looks perfect.

You must of been pretty close, because I frequently use my 70-200mm in portrait view.

Congrats Jonathan! That's Awesome!!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Hi everyone -

Thanks for viewing
    Jonathan
    Great and Awesome ...
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Excellent Jonathan, great article, I particularly liked that shot of the cruising Northern Fulmar. I wonder if you are the first person to take a shot of those colourful huts??
    Beautiful Jonathan.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Wow thanks everyone --- very kind of you. It's one of those places where you can't go wrong. I didn't find it cold at all (but I'm a Canadian, eh). It was much warmer than when I go out for a December sunrise shot in the Rockies..! Steve those buildings have probably been photographed at least once before... I got the idea for the shot after spotting a postcard with a similar view. So I'll claim #2 status