Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1D X, done it, anybody else??

Always trying to use logic to overthrow rumors aren't ya. That fact they don't look anything alike doesn't help either
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

I would be the first to throw out a conspiracy theory, I have several about the government, a few about Canon's marketing techniques and my latest is that the NBA finals are rigged by the ref's to control which team is the champion. I might have a few theories about this forum and I could express them, but I might be right and then I would get censored.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    To answer your questions;
    1, Yes we are interested in Bryan's review. But we all know Bryan will do a review and we thank him for that.
    2, Well I have cameras that take excellent pictures. Since I don't know what gear you have I can't speak for your cameras.
    HDNitehawk, I meant no disrespect to neuroanatomist, or his willingness to do some tests. I am curious about the results, too.

I also think your predictions about what neuroanatomist finds (post above) will be pretty darn close.

By the way, I own a 5DII, 7D, 40D. Most of my lenses are Ls.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterdown View Post
    HDNitehawk, I meant no disrespect to neuroanatomist, or his willingness to do some tests. I am curious about the results, too.

I also think your predictions about what neuroanatomist finds (post above) will be pretty darn close.

By the way, I own a 5DII, 7D, 40D. Most of my lenses are Ls.
    Then you do own cameras that take excellent pictures

Well I got a very nice phone call yesterday from my local camera store: They received their first batch of 1DX bodies, and I'm on the list! Needless to say I ran straight over. I always carry my G12 with me, so I was able to have the clerk capture the happy moment. As an extra bonus, the delivery came one day after my credit card bill cut-off. So I have over a month to figure out how I'm going to pay for this . The first thing I did in the store of course was to set it to high-speed mode and fire off a long burst. Sweet heavenly sound... absolute music of joy..! The body is noticeably larger and heavier than my 1D3, but still feels great. Stay tuned as I get out this weekend to play with it. There's a 24 hour mountain bike race happening in Canmore, so it will be a good opportunity for low-light action shots.
    Name:  IMG_1988.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  168.8 KB

Jonathan Congrats; with your new 500mm and the new 1D X you are set now.

Kudos, Jonathan. I'm eagerly awaiting the resulting product of a superior camera and your superior skill.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I would be the first to throw out a conspiracy theory, I have several about the government, a few about Canon's marketing techniques and my latest is that the NBA finals are rigged by the ref's to control which team is the champion. I might have a few theories about this forum and I could express them, but I might be right and then I would get censored.
    That's not theory, it's fact.
    Mark - Flickr

There is most certainly allot of evidence to support the "fact".
    What was so obvious was that it was in the best interest of the NBA for Miami to win, and there was no negative if the Thunder lost.
    The scenario that played out; Had Miami lost the fans would have thrown a fit, people would have been fired and even maybe riots in the street. The Thunder did loose and 4000 fans showed up at the airport to cheer a losing team as they returned home.

Back to Jonathan, I would really like to see some low light, late evening or early morning type wild life pictures out of your new set up. You know with the old bodies and the old 500mm at F4 it is real hard to keep enough speed and still get great pics at sundown.
    Last edited by HDNitehawk; 07-20-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Congrats Jonathan with your new 1DX...." The first thing I did in the store of course was to set it to high-speed mode and fire off a long burst. Sweet heavenly sound... absolute music of joy.."LOL...Good on ya...
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Whohoo! That clerk photo made me feel the heavenly plastic scent of unboxing new electronic toy all the way to Sweden. The feeling when you gently fold the flaps of the box aside and sense the smell of new gear is hard to beat. I'll try to convince myself I don't envy you... Congrats on your new gear, hope to see some more cool bear shots soon.