Thread: Anyone have the CAD drawings for a Canon EF mount?

Anyone have the CAD drawings for a Canon EF mount?

Hi,

My company is developing some accessory products that will plug into the front of the Canon camera via the EF Bayonet mount. Rather than re-invent the wheel, does anyone have the drawings to the canon mount handy that i could use, or will i have to reverse engineer it?

I don't need the electronics specs, just the physical dimensions... Canon weren't much help!!!

Thanks

Re: Anyone have the CAD drawings for a Canon EF mount?

Maybe you could get a CAD from Tamron or Sigma. What exactly is your company developing?

I didn't see anything from a cursory search of Turbosquid.

Google indicates that Richard J Kinch did a CAD 3D model based on reverse engineering of third-party EOS to T-mount adapters, but it's only the lens bayonet:

http://www.truetex.com/topcon-fundus.dwf
    http://www.barratt.com.au/discuss/re...s.servlet.html

Good luck.

Good idea. I'll give them a call and see where i get - they may be more open to cooperation. Failing that, i will stick a lens on a CMM machine and digitise it.

We have an engineering company and we often get approached by people with specific problems, to see if we can fix... This is one of those...

We are developing some adapters that allow you to attach cameras to all sorts of imaging devices (not necessarily standard lenses).Some do exist, but in niche markets and most have an important floor - for a DSLR the adapters often move the sensor too far away from the focal plane and out of the external devices focal adjustment range and will therefore never ever focus. This is an adapter system that will do away with all of these problems in 1 swift go.

BTW, anybody else need any engineering / creativity done - let me know :-)

What about using T-Adapters rather than redo the mounts itself. This with the advantage that the T-Adapters is standard across many different mounts.