Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
I wouldn't rent any gear. I would simply charge them $400 as your fee and offer the disk of processed images. At that price you don't have any room for more expenses. You have to remember too that you're gonna spend quite alot of post processing time. They will not be able to get anywhere near beating that price.
I completely agree with the above. If you can borrow something then go for it but don't put any money into this venture (that means no reflectors!). Also, a wedding is not a place to try out new gear/new techniques. Only do what you are proficient with.

I think I got paid like $250 for my 1st wedding so $400 isn't too bad :-) Don't worry about packages. At $400 there's really no room. Give them a disc of JEPGS (processed of course) and let them know that they can have professionaly made prints off of your website. My general rule of thumb is:

1 hour behind the camera = 2 hours behind the computer. HDNitehawk is right, if you look closely you'll find out that you are making minimum wage :-( Oh well, next time you can charge $1k :-)