Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adorama is nice, but I miss the logical searching/shopping of B&H

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Helen has helped me on numerous occasions after seeing something I wrote in a thread here! I don't think we ever had a rep from B&H chime in at TDP. IMO, great customer service and now our own rep to offer us discounts trumps a user-friendly website any day! Now with their website being a work in progress with improvements coming our way as they work it out ...Adorama is nothing but awesomeness!

I think Adorama is great. I have made many purchases from them over the last 4 years. Customer service is prompt and professional. I had no problems with B&H either...they also do a fabulous job.

Just out of curiosity I sent an email to the contact listed here for discount prices through TDP. The quotes he gave me on the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS USM and the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L lenses were the same as on their website....in reality no special discount. I don't know if this applies to all items but I could not get any special price on either of these two items.

This does not discourage me from using Adorama but they may not be able to offer special pricing on all items.

Joel

Can you please forward me the email exchange and I'll see what I can get sorted out for you: Helen@adorama.com

Just to let everyone know....Helen found out for me that since Canon just instituted a rebate program Adorama, by contract, cannot offer a lower price on the items that I asked about. I appreciate her concern and the quick investigation/response.

I wonder if they can they tell us, "If you ask again after (date of rebate ending), I expected to be able to offer the lens at $(discounted price)". This way they're respecting the Canon rebate pricing during the rebate period, but also letting you know if you should buy during the rebate, or wait it out. The 'expect to be able to' also allows for adjustment based on unexpected price hikes taking effect once the rebate period ends, so they're not accidentally taking a loss by attempting to do us a favor.