Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 1D/1Ds?

Re: New 1D/1Ds?

I think the Canon 1DMKIV is still aways down the pipeline. I had a nice chat with Canon Professional Services two weeks ago when I was picking up my 5DMKII. The CPS representative told me, "he did not know of any announcements on the next 1D." and then he added, "which is different than saying, "I can't tell you."

I've seen the rumors, but I just don't see what enhancement would drive the next body to market right now.

Quote Originally Posted by adam

A lens like this would be a terrible replacement for the 100-400. I saw a guy shooting with a Nikon 200-400 f/4 handheld a couple of weeks ago...it did NOT look pleasant...one of the great things about the 100-400 is the relatively compact size.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I totally agree. The best thing about the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L is its versatile range and portability. This is a lens that you can carry all day andrealistically hand-hold. If Canon were tocome out with a Mark IIthe only practical updates would be to give it the most recent version of IS and try to increase the sharpness. If you want/need an f/4 then get a prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson
    If you want/need an f/4 then get a prime.

Like a new 400 f/4 IS []