Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Lens for Baby Pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Magijr View Post
    Thank you for your reply Rich. I am going to look in to the Photokina, great idea. You stated that Canon has rumored a release of a less expensive FF camera to compete with Nikon at the Photokina. What Nikon do you think is the cheapest FF camera? I am guessing that this less expensive Nikon is the one that Canon will compete with, and if so, what price do you think Canon will sell their FF camera for?

It seam counter productive to me that Canon just released the Rebel t4i and the 5D MKIII in the past 6 months, and they will release another camera? Is this standard in the industry?

You have certainly got me thinking and I appreciate that, thank you again Rich.

Bruce
    Sure, my pleasure!

Yes, it's only a rumor at this point, but since Photokina is only 4 weeks away, you may want to see if anything new will be announced. I wouldn't wait until the end of the year though!

As HDNitehawk mentioned, a lot of these rumors don't pan out!

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about Nikon's lineup. It would be impossible for me to speculate on a price for a rumored Camera.

It's not unusual for these companies to release more than a few cameras a year.

I hope that helps!

Rich

It does help and thank you.

Possibly my last question. When I first posted in this forum I asked the question, what lens should I use to photograph my first child? There have been many great suggestions, responses and opinions.

Less than a month ago I bought the Rebel t4i and I thought I was set with my camera. Through much discussion in this forum and research on the web in with friends, I now believe I need to return the Rebel t4i and purchase one of the following;

1) The Mark DIII
    2) The Mark DII
    or the
    3) EOS 7D

Choice # 1 is a FF, very expensive and almost too many features.
    Choice #2 is more affordable, also a FF and more useable but it's 4 years old.
    Choice # 3 is the most affordable, a crop camera and is 3 years old.

Do you have any opinion in which camera would be best for a first serious camera? I am taking a class in dslr next week, and I am going to take a photography course at a community college in the fall, so I am very serious about learning photography, especially with my first child on the way.

I am also open to other suggestions.

Thank you once again,
    Bruce

Sure, no problem, you don't have to limit your questions! That's why we're all here.

Do you mean the 5D MKIII or 5DMKII?
    Last edited by Richard Lane; 08-21-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Honestly, I would either get a refurb 5d2 when canon runs their twenty percent off with free shipping (ends up being a little over $1300, or stick with the crop (like a 7d or smaller rebel if your hands fit the form okay). The 5d2 has got Lantern on its side. The 7d flash can talk to remote flashes. The smaller recent rebels have newer guts. If you can justify the extra two grand, the 5d3 seems to be a good camera. I'd get one. I just can't justify it.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Your Rebel t4i is a great camera and with the Digic 5 vari-angle touch screen, some people may say even better in a lot of ways than the 7D. My advice would be to keep your rebel, get some good glass and use it. Take some photos. As an owner of a 7D and a 5D, I have taken shots beside someone with the t4i and their camera does things mine doesn't. The t4i is a fantastic camera, throw the Canon 17-55mm/2.8 on it and you have an almost unbeatable combo.

If money is not an object, I would advise to keep the t4i learn and grow with it and then buy a 5DMK3 in a few months for landscape and portrait work, but keep the t4i for when you need the crop and the vari-angle.

There is so much to learn with this hobby/passion, start taking shots, sure buy some good glass and start sharing and learning from this site, getting some quality constructive criticism from this sites members will improve your shots more than a brand new 5DMK3.

Please take these suggestions as encouragement they are not intended to hose you down.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Do you mean the 5D MKIII or 5DMKII?

Yes, the 5D MKIII (Choice 1), 5DMKII (Choice 2), and the EOS 7D (Choice 3),

It's certainly difficult to advise you to spend $3500 for your first camera. I'm not familiar with the rebels at all, but I do have a 7D and I think it's a great camera.

I would probably recommend the 5DMkII or the 7D. If you're planning to get into photography, the 7D is a great all-around camera. The 5DMII is a little better in lower light (since it's FF), and for portraits and landscapes. The 7D has the longer reach and has a more sophisticated AF system compared to the 5DII, as well as a faster 8 frames per second burst rate, 18MP, Video and some weather-sealing. The 7D would also be better for sports and fast action photography. If you start getting into photography then I think the 7D is a more all-around camera and it's the best crop camera that Canon makes.

You should definitely read more of Bryan's reviews on this site if you haven't yet.

You could start off with a 7D, and if you really get into it, then your next Camera could be the 5DMKIII.
    Last edited by Richard Lane; 08-21-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Thank you for your honest answer Steve. My fourth option of of course is to keep the t4i, and learn, listen and learn how to photograph with it. In my opinion, in the short time I have owned the t4i, I have taken some really good pics, especially at night with only the moon light. The camera has a lot of auto focus tools, and from a beginners point of view, it's fun and relatively easy to use.

I tried uploading three examples of pics I have taken so far using the t4i. The first is with the "handheld night scene" (photo of my wife), and the second is with the "Creative Auto" monochrome(my wife and I), and third is with the "Sports" setting, (a friend of ours diving).

However, I can not upload due to the following: "The following errors occurred: IMG_0114.jpg: Your file of 4.13 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 195.3 KB for this filetype."

How do I bypass this?

The easiest way is to post your images to a photo hosting site first like Flickr and then just paste the link here.
    Otherwise just downsize your image to less than 900 pixels wide and then just upload as an image. The image quality will be plenty good enough for viewing here.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur