Thread: Best Lens for Baby Pictures.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Congrats on your decision! The 70-200mm II is a great lens.

The 35mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.8 are two nice fast primes. Fast primes are nice indoors so out of these two, I would probably lean towards the 35mm.

The 1.4X III extender is also nice to have.

You should probably start off with what you picked first, and then see what focal range you use the most.

You still may want to get some protective filters, a bag, tripod, ball-head, or an external flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post
    Congrats on your decision! The 70-200mm II is a great lens.

The 35mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.8 are two nice fast primes. Fast primes are nice indoors so out of these two, I would probably lean towards the 35mm.

The 1.4X III extender is also nice to have.

You should probably start off with what you picked first, and then see what focal range you use the most.

You still may want to get some protective filters, a bag, tripod, ball-head, or an external flash.
    I was looking at the 35mm lens too, from what I read the lens sounds amazing. In addition to the 35mm prime, I was looking at the 16-35mm, and the 50mm f/1.4.

Regarding other gear; I purchased a protective filter (I did not realize they were so expensive), sleeve for camera+lens, camera bag, good strap, and a couple educational books

I need the gear you mentioned, tripod, ball-head and external flash... recommendations?