Page 122 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1363

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Bella's new do. 1Ds Mark II, 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2, 1/250, ISO 1600. A bit of fill light added in ACR.
    I like the juxtaposition of an $8000 camera and a $100 lens.
    If that combo produces results like that, then I think it'll do just fine. Who needs L glass anyway! Looks great!

You need the L glass as you move away from 50mm, in either direction. But yeah, it's a fantastic cheap lens.

So, Bella wanted even shorter hair today. She wanted "A boy haircut." Naturally, another photoshoot ensued. As you can see from the caption, there's more on Flickr if you're interested.

Bella even newer even shorter Haircut 5/6 by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

So, Bella wanted even shorter hair today. She wanted "A boy haircut." Naturally, another photoshoot ensued. As you can see from the caption, there's more on Flickr if you're interested.
    Not sure of the others - but she doesn't look too happy with at least you.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Dave, That first one of Bella is a fantastic shot---what a sweet looking child and well executed portrait; Now, about the second shot. I am not sure if Bella is unhappy about the hairdo or you, but she is clearly not happy---That's an understatement, she is burning holes through you and your audience----Another well captured shot.

You captured the extreme swing of emotions for your little girl, these will be family treasures and both should be hung on a wall together.

Whew, I am sure glad I raised boys.

Very nice work.

Bob
    Bob

Bob, Busted Knuckles, she's not actually unhappy, she's just a fantastic little actress. We have lots of shots of her with an massive grin about her new 'do, too. I'll include one below.

Bella even newer even shorter Haircut 2/6 by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

Beautiful shots Dave!

It looks like you're a genius with your decision on getting the 1DsII, the photos above, as well as the ones on your flickr account look magnificent!

I love the colors, contrast, creamy bokeh and thin DOF. You must be thrilled with your decision. I bet you'll start a trend around here!

Enjoy it,
    Rich

Thanks Richard, despite the quirks, we're super happy with the images we're getting. The low noise of ISO 1600 is incredible, compared to the 7D.

I'd wholly recommend full frame, but I wouldn't recommend going as far back as the 1Ds2 without knowing what you're getting yourself into. To change half the settings you need deprecated software on an XP machine with firewire. If you want to use EOS Utility, you'll need to find an older version, as they dropped support years ago. The controls really are super clunky, and the small low-res LCD isn't particularly good. As someone pointed out in either the "fullframe fever" thread, or the 6D thread, Canon is dropping support in a couple months, so there will be no replacement parts in case of failure.

In a couple months you can get a brand new shiny 6D, warrantied, likely amazing high-ISO, hopefully good servo. I imagine you'll find sales for $1800 pretty quick, just as we're seeing sales on the 5Dmk3. So, for the extra couple hundred, it would probably be worthwhile picking up the 6D, unless you need the weather sealing, integrated grip, the battery that lasts forever, pro level features. I'd bet the majority of users would prefer the UI, and IQ, and software improvements over the pro-level body.

The good thing is, if I have convinced anyone to go fullframe, I've timed it quite well, with Canon making it more affordable than ever, and I've done it early enough for you to save up your pennies. All you've got to do is wait patiently.

Thanks Richard, despite the quirks, we're super happy with the images we're getting. The low noise of ISO 1600 is incredible, compared to the 7D.

I'd wholly recommend full frame, but I wouldn't recommend going as far back as the 1Ds2 without knowing what you're getting yourself into. To change half the settings you need deprecated software on an XP machine with firewire. If you want to use EOS Utility, you'll need to find an older version, as they dropped support years ago. The controls really are super clunky, and the small low-res LCD isn't particularly good. As someone pointed out in either the "fullframe fever" thread, or the 6D thread, Canon is dropping support in a couple months, so there will be no replacement parts in case of failure.

In a couple months you can get a brand new shiny 6D, warrantied, likely amazing high-ISO, hopefully good servo. I imagine you'll find sales for $1800 pretty quick, just as we're seeing sales on the 5Dmk3. So, for the extra couple hundred, it would probably be worthwhile picking up the 6D, unless you need the weather sealing, integrated grip, the battery that lasts forever, pro level features. I'd bet the majority of users would prefer the UI, and IQ, and software improvements over the pro-level body.

The good thing is, if I have convinced anyone to go fullframe, I've timed it quite well, with Canon making it more affordable than ever, and I've done it early enough for you to save up your pennies. All you've got to do is wait patiently.
    David,
    Love the shots of Bella. I have been waiting for your feedback on this camera. As you can tell in my series below I used a 1DmkIIn for most of them. The 1D2 looks and feel just like your 1Ds2 but with a larger display. I do find the controls to be more clunky than my 5DmkI. IQ is almost as good as the 5D but not quite. As I got used to the controls I find I like shooting with it better than my 5D. I like the feel, the focus points and frame rate. Since it is a larger format than a 7D the high ISO performance is great but if I am shooting portraits for a customer I usually use my 5D.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Mark, great set of images! Beautiful models as well! I really like your processing on these as well. Did you use anything special for skin smoothing?
    I used Portrait Professional on some of them for skin smoothing and eyes. These models did not need much though.
    Mark