Thread: Rare Canon 50mm f/1 Samples

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    Nope, not me. My latest photography splurge was the Tamrac Expedition 8x 5588.

Now I can happily fit two gripped bodies and seven lenses into the same bag (before it required two bags).
    Sean,

How do you like the Tamrac? I almost bought one a couple years ago when I settled in on the Fastpack 350. One of the reasons I didn't get one is that no one on this forum had recommended Tamrac (as I recall).

Brant

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Sean,

How do you like the Tamrac? I almost bought one a couple years ago when I settled in on the Fastpack 350. One of the reasons I didn't get one is that no one on this forum had recommended Tamrac (as I recall).

Brant
    I really like it for my specific needs. However, keep in mind I'm not a avid backpacker, hiker, or adventure person. I honestly don't think I'll ever be carrying this pack for longer than 1/8 mile at any time. Therefore, I can't (and probably will never be able to) comment on the durability and overall comfort of the pack.

Previously, when my gear was split between two backpacks, I would typically pack one with what I thought I'd need and leave the other bag in the car. I viewed the other bag as a "back-up" kit. That said, I often found myself wanting to use a lens that was packed in away in the other bag. Granted, it probably wasn't very far of a hike to the car. Nonetheless, I usually played the lazy card and kept shooting with what I had at hand.

Consolidating the equipment into one pack leaves me with no excuses. Whenever I think another lens will work better, I have it right at hand.

Having used it for a little while now, my impression is that it isn't really designed to carry camera equipment and hiking essentials--it's designed to carry lots camera gear, and do it well. But that's exactly what I use it for...

I really like the paper thin DOF and the seperation from the background. I agree it screems for portrait work.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911